Faulty weekly season ticket replacment possible?

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by bubieyehyeh, 10 Feb 2019.

1. bubieyehyeh

bubieyehyeh Member

I've got a weekly season ticket which has 4 days of validity left, which is not operating the gates.

Can I get it replaced at a ticket office? Even if i can will I likely be wasting more time, than just showing it to gate staff each day?

I bought it online from gwr.com, and collected ToD, but the ticket is between a Southern and London Overground station, so suspect I might be told by Southern or TFL to goto GWR to get the ticket fixed (no nearby GWR stations), or given some other excuse why it isn't possible.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. cjmillsnun

cjmillsnun Established Member

Just show it at the gateline. I doubt they'll swap a weekly.

4. twpsaesneg

twpsaesneg Member

For the sake of 4 days I wouldn't bother with wasting my time queuing at the ticket office.

They should be able to swap it out though, my old annual tickets were bought through a corporate agent and my local station could, but only after 10 minutes of form filling. After my details were on their system it was quite rapid the next time.

5. DarloRich

DarloRich Veteran Member

Work - Fenny Stratford(MK) Home - Darlington
    You can get it changed but isnit really worth the hassle? Just explain at the gate and you will be fine

6. js1000

js1000 Member

Just show it to the staff member manning the gate. No point wasting your time in queues or railway staff's time to issue a new one when the remedy already exists.

7. district

district Member

Yes you can do an encode exchange for a weekly, it takes slightly longer than for a monthly though as we have to enter the details of the ticket manually into the system (rather than scanning your photocard and having the ticket recalled for us which is the case for monthlies or longer).

Last edited: 11 Feb 2019
  8. anme

anme Established Member

This question might be better answered by simply going to a ticket office and asking.

9. district

district Member

No need as it’s already been answered here, and now the OP can make an informed decision as to whether he wants to queue at the ticket office or not.

10. bubieyehyeh

bubieyehyeh Member

Thanks good to know it can be done, but it sounds like it would take longer form filling, than any detours to the main entrance if the side entrance isn't staffed (as it sometime isn't). Unexpectedly it worked this morning, and then failed again this evening (with code 09 - read issue).

11. robbeech

robbeech Established Member

If gates are closed and unstaffed (and there isn’t a call point or o e of those camera things) this should be reported.

12. A Challenge

A Challenge Established Member

Does that apply even if it is not the main entrance then?

13. ForTheLoveOf

ForTheLoveOf Established Member

Well, yes. Otherwise how are you supposed to enter the station if your ticket isn't accepted?

14. A Challenge

A Challenge Established Member

I thought that only applied to the main entrance, so you would have to go to the main entrance if one was unattended, but it appears that is wrong.

15. district

district Member

Unmanned closed gates are a massive safety risk and the TOC could lose their permission to operate them if it was found they were repeatedly doing it.