• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fav Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig

Established Member
Rich said:
Sorted now.
I too hate kebabs, well, the meat is nice, but I don't know what is in it, and the places in which they are cooked (ie: kebab houses in back streets) are minging. I would only have a kebab in a proper restaurant. :)
hmm well i know that they put rats in and in some places cats.

ps is vikki here just forgot to change people (ok is too lazy too)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jordy

Established Member
Pizza!!! Prefeably in italy, although Pizza hut wins over here ;)

Kebab, well :puke: unless in a restaurant!

Jordy

ChrisM

Kebabs are nice and i normally have coleslaw and salad in mine (i like to eat heathy:D )

AJP

ChrisM said:
Kebabs are nice and i normally have coleslaw and salad in mine (i like to eat heathy:D )

Get chips as well( Ilike to eat unhealthy);):)

steve158

Fish and Chips From Cleethorpes or Hull.

Patties(Hull only).

Chicken Balti Pies From Morrisons.

Tomatoes and Cucumbers.

Sprog

Established Member
Nothing ATM, cus i just puke it all back up :sad1: :shaking:

Sprinter

Definately pizzas for me, especially as my local pizza shop does a 12 inch for only a fiver! Or for something you can get a 7 inch pizza for just £1!

Failing that, proper Fish & Chips, not those french fries some fast food shops seem to sell instead!

Sprog

Established Member
ewwwwwwwwwwwww

*runs to the toilet bowl again*

:shock: :shock: :|

Jordy

Established Member
steve158 said:
Fish and Chips From Cleethorpes or Hull.

Claps, finally, someone else who recognises the quality of Grimsby fish!!! :notworth: ;)

Jordy

Julian G

Established Member
Pizza
Marcoroni Cheese :toothy10:
Chicken Fillets
Carrots
Peas
Brocollis (trees)

Dennis

Established Member
jonb said:
Its all about the £5.49 Buffet at Pizza Hut! :D

Not 'favourite food' but a good meal to have when out and about...whats the most slices anyones had at once? (managed 13 once!)

Dave A

At the moment I've got a thing for a chicken and bacon baguette smothered in mayonaise.

I've managed to eat all the available sized pizzas in the pizza hut to myself many-a-time! No idea what the largest was, too busy eating to count it!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Dennis said:
Not 'favourite food' but a good meal to have when out and about...whats the most slices anyones had at once? (managed 13 once!)

Were you particularly hungry or just having stuffing yourself beyond all reasonable measures to get the most value possible from your £5.49? 13 slices is a lot, but then, the slices are not that big, usually. The middle section of the slice should measure 1.5" across, maybe slightly bigger. Meaning you could, out of a medium GP, get roughly 12 - 16 slices if you were clever. Then you get the greedy little idiots (I was intending to use stronger language, but that'll save until a repeat of the story sometime around the people I'm thinking of...) who HAVE to eat everything and more than they can eat. Some days you can put a pizza out and it's gone almost immediately! Which is NOT helpful if you do not have one ready to replace it and the next one is 7 minutes away...'Have you got any more cheese and tomato pizza?' 'Yes, it's in the oven, it'll be about 8 minutes' (Two moments later) 'Have you got any more cheese and tomato coming at all?' 'Yes, it's in the oven, it'll be out soon' Then some days you'd have the wrong person loading buffet pizza into the oven, insisting you will need 3 of everything at the same time, when it's physically impossible to put 18 pizzas out at once on the hot plates, ending up with a backlog at your end of the oven, pizza going cold or more burning due to being stuck behind the backlog in the oven...

Yes, I have plenty of experience working during the buffet shifts, hence I feel the above sums up the average shift well. It might go some way to explaining too that I hate Pizza Hut with a passion, especially the buffet! I do have nothing but respect for the kitchen staff though, I know how hard they work! Thankfully I don't do it anymore.

As for my favourite food, roast dinner is always my favourite. When I'm out and about, depending on cash flow, I'll certainly enjoy a Subway meal, chip shop food. If I'm dead skint, a trip to Tesco or Morrisons to load up on meat and bread and a 2l bottle of carbonated drinks is the order of the day. Too often and that screws your digestion system up though, which I can confirm from personal experience.

EDIT: David, the current largest pizza is the Big New Yorker, re-launched at the end of the year (beginning of December 2005 IIRC) 2005. This measures 16" across the base of the pizza. Next down from that is the Large Edge, 14" across. Pain in the neck it is to make and serve too. Down from that is the Stuffed Crust, measuring 13" across. Then you have the Large, Medium, Small and Personal Pan Pizza (PPP, designed for kids) pizzas. Grand Pan wise, they measure 12", 10.5", 9" and 6". Italian wise it's 12", 10.5", and 9", the PPP size does not apply to Italian bases. Edge pizzas also come in Medium and Small sizes, 12" and 9" respectively.

Hope this is of insight to someone.

Dennis

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Were you particularly hungry or just having stuffing yourself beyond all reasonable measures to get the most value possible from your £5.49? 13 slices is a lot, but then, the slices are not that big

Bit of both - I try and eat healthy meals but normally only have one large meal a day (not good I know). Pizza hut buffets are therefore great for me; more to eat than most places serve up and a bit of 'junk food' for a change.

All respect to people who work in the industry:thumbup: ; I know I couldn't do it.

Jim

Established Member
Jordy said:
Jumps up and down with excitement
Jordy

Correct

FGWFan: Did I ever go in to swansea's PH, as I do that (only ask once though when there in NO pizza on)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Nor could I put up with the BS that the job involved after 10 months of it...Walked out. Mind you, so would most people if they were in my position at that time.

Not that I expect the U18s here to understand the fact the working life sucks, especially so in catering...
--- edited ---
Jim said:
Correct

FGWFan: Did I ever go in to swansea's PH, as I do that (only ask once though when there in NO pizza on)

Unless you managed to drag yourself off the 31s for a weekend...No, not to my knowledge. EVERYONE does it though, hence why I posted here on it, to try and point out the irritance they cause kitchen crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.