• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite automated announcement chimes and jingles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

py_megapixel

Established Member
One of my favourites is probably the one used on the U-Bahn in Nuremberg. It's at 1:25 in this video:

I also remember travelling on a privately contracted German service - I think operated by Metronom? - which had a sequence of piano chords as its chime, if anyone can find a video of that.

AlexNL

Established Member
Eurobahn (a Keolis brand) have nice announcement chimes on board their trains as well. A nice touch is that they have three variants.

0:07 Next Stop announcement
0:58 "This is..." announcement
1:23 "Welcome to eurobahn" announcement played at the first station only

One of my favourite announcements, the arrival announcement of a ceske drahy supercity pendolino train into Prague. I always imagined what it would be like if GWR started playing elgar on arrival into paddington.

Halish Railway

Established Member
It seems that things are a bit dry on the UK front so here’s some of my suggestions

The TfW 175s, which is followed by a very monotonous announcement (if you’re lucky then you’ll get the good old “we will be calling at the following principle stations”)

Then there’s the Southeastern 395s (43 seconds)

On the manual announcement front I’d nominate whatever that jingle is on the IC225s and the one on the Meridians and EMR HSTs.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
What I love about TfW is the way they announce:

The next station is XXX. Thank you

Or

We will be calling at: XXX? As if they're questioning it. It's your train: you should know where it stops at :D

Craig2601

The Metro in Laussane had a little jingle for each stop on the line which was pretty cool.
Also quite like the jingles used on Renfe services.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.