• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite Confectionery

What are your favourite sweets and chockies

• Gob Stoppers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mr Tom Peanut Brittle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainmania100

Established Member
Lets see everyones favourite chocolates and sweets
Whats the most popular?
Poll coming shortly.
My favourite sweets are probably haribos and wine gums

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I notice there are biscuits on the list - I don't believe these are regarded as "confectionery".

AJM580

Yorkie Bars for me - especially the Duo version. Always have a pack of Trebor Extra Strong on the go as well.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Plain chocolate Bounty and Reese's Nutrageous

Plain chocolate bounty ! Yuck, pass the bucket.

The absolute best confectionary for me has to be the classic chocolate orange. "It's not Terry's, it's mine".

(and it also counts as one of your five a day - honest :))

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Bournville Dark Chocolate and plain (dark) Bounty, although for some reason the coconut makes me cough.

I like Bounty, milk or plain, but the coconut makes my throat tickle too - as for Maltesers, eating one sets off an uncontrollable cough, so it's lucky I don't really like them anyway.

Established Member
For sweets it's Haribo, but preferably the variants you find on the continent - much more interesting than the same old Starmix, Tangfastics etc...

For chocolate it has to be Munchies (the red, non-mint ones).

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure that the dislike of plain chocolate Bounty contravenes the forum rules. If there is no such rule then there should be.

I'm not that fond of Bounties anyway as I find coconut quite sickly, but to combine this with foul dark chocolate as well is just beyond comprehension !

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
You left out things like Clubs, Twix and Trio - although some of the other definitions can be stretched to include them.:D

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Depends on my mood, but it's become a tradition for my dad, my brother and I to have a Toffee Crisp at half time while watching Town. Seems to be helping us on the pitch too this season, in some unfathomable way!

As I have type-1 diabetes I don't indulge often, but when I do, you can't beat a Boost bar. Related to my condition I usually have at least one fun-size bag of Skittles on my person for emergencies.

A slightly odd occasional treat is to buy a "share-bag" size bag of Revels (and yes, I do love the coffee and orange ones too) and leave it in the car for a couple of hours on a hot day. Then place it in the fridge to harden before attacking it with a toffee hammer. Maybe I'm just weird?

A special mention for Dairy Milk Oreo bars, and for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which are the only American chocolate that doesn't taste of vomit (looking at YOU, Hershey bars!).

Last edited:

fowler9

Established Member
Depends on my mood, but it's become a tradition for my dad, my brother and I to have a Toffee Crisp at half time while watching Town. Seems to be helping us on the pitch too this season, in some unfathomable way!

As I have type-1 diabetes I don't indulge often, but when I do, you can't beat a Boost bar. Related to my condition I usually have at least one fun-size bag of Skittles on my person for emergencies.

A slightly odd occasional treat is to buy a "share-bag" size bag of Revels (and yes, I do love the coffee and orange ones too) and leave it in the car for a couple of hours on a hot day. Then place it in the fridge to harden before attacking it with a toffee hammer. Maybe I'm just weird?

A special mention for Dairy Milk Oreo bars, and for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups which are the only American chocolate that doesn't taste of vomit (looking at YOU, Hershey bars!).

For foreign stuff Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are amazing, I don't know if they count but Cookie Time cookies in New Zealand are amazing. Toffee Crisp are my favourite though.

Established Member
I like most chocolate bars, but my favourites have to be Cadbury Dairy Milk and Cadbury Caramel.

J-2739

Established Member
Milky Way and Skittles are the best, hands down!

Bounties are truely disgusting in my opinion, I really don't understand how people manage to consume it. It's like Krypton to me.

Best chocolate bar is Hersheys, definately!

fowler9

Established Member
Milky Way and Skittles are the best, hands down!

Bounties are truely disgusting in my opinion, I really don't understand how people manage to consume it. It's like Krypton to me.

Best chocolate bar is Hersheys, definately!

Hersheys tastes like off milk. I imagine cat sick to taste similar.

Starmill

Veteran Member
I'm pretty sure Jelly Babies, Wine Gums, Fruit Pastels, Haribo and many more would be delicious but sadly they're not vegetarian!! :(

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
Don't know if they're still made but Jolly Rancher's were really nice.

Fruit Polos were nice, though I think they've stopped making them

trainmania100

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Jelly Babies, Wine Gums, Fruit Pastels, Haribo and many more would be delicious but sadly they're not vegetarian!! :(

Not vegetarian? They always stick meat in products where you least expect it, the polymer £5 for instance

Status
Not open for further replies.