• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite Film?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alekseys

How about we recommend films to each other? Or more specifically we could all answer this;

What's your favourite film and why? What makes the film the best, what do the critics have to say, what about screenshots and links to trailers?

----

I recommend Léon (1994). A professional assassin reluctantly takes care of 12-year old Mathilda, a neighbour whose parents are brutally murdered by a corrupt police officer.

leon-the-professional-if-you-want-the-job-right-done-3700519.jpg

It's rated 40 out of the top 250 films ever on IMDb, and has got generally favourable reviews.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I like the film "Just My Luck," it was released last year and was very funny, PLUS has McFly :) & Lindsay Lohan in it.

A film I'd like to see, which is being released at the Berlin Film Festival next week is "Crossing the Line" - about US Soldiers who decided to take up residence in North Korea - Mainly want to see this because I'm obsessed with the DPRK & would like to go on a trip there soon!

nutter

Comedy
Got to be 'airplane' and 'airplane 2: the sequal' for me. If ever you need a pick me up, watch these, just remember to watch the back ground, or you'll miss something

Serious
Executive desicion. No reason, not even sure on the plot, just a movie I;'ve seen a couple of times and like

Fittest actress
pirates of the Carribean. Keira Knightly HELLO

There's my top 3

David

Established Member
The Untouchables and The Blues Brothers are my 2 favourate films.

The Untouchables gives a (very) brief look into Prohabition, and the violence that resulted.

The Blues Brothers, erm well, it's a very good mix of music and p**s taking, as well as being a film for petrol heads....

Gizmogle

Established Member
I'm not that much of a movie person, but I highly recommend "Children of Men"
Probably the best movie I've ever seen. So powerful.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Trainspotting, I am told, makes the drug users world too glamourous. Still want to see the film, but the book is supposed to be better (as is usually the case...)

Favourite film of the moment is Stormbreaker. Watched this on New Year's Eve, enjoyed it very much!

Other favourites include(d) Kevin and Perry Go Large (THE movie of my generation at school! Rather sad and c**p now, but that's probably because I've grown up a tad since then!), Wayne's World 1 and 2 (absolutely brilliant!), The Fast and the Furious (still awesome) and many others (I can't remember the titles of the others right now, Stuck On You is one I seem to remember though).

As for what the press thought of any of them, I don't care!

EDIT: Who could forget Dude, where's your car? Now that was brilliant. Road Trip as well...Almost forgot Scary Movie 4! Now that was genius!

Soooooo many awesome films, some of which I still like to watch whenever they are on!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I saw, heard and talked enough about drugs and misuse of them yesterday. Most of the day doing so, no thanks not again. Did learn some stuff mind, but some of the stuff was really horrific...The last clip of a homeless heroin addict injecting himself was certainly not for the weak stomach'd...Indeed, people have been known to leave the room and thrown up in the past watching that video...

The thing about the film making it look good was a comment I've heard/read elsewhere.

Craig

Established Member
The thing about the film making it look good was a comment I've heard/read elsewhere.
Maybe you should watch it and form your own opinion then.

BTW, there is actually a couple of train clips in the film... :lol:

Alekseys

I'm glad Trainspotting doesn't have any real trainspotters in it, I really hate those kinda guys.. Oh, hello! :tongue9:

But I do like Trainspotting, my favourite part has to be where the guy's going cold turkey and he imagines the dead baby crawling along the ceiling and then jumping onto his face :thumbrig:

The original version of assault on Precinct 13 is brilliant too, directed by John Carpenter.

B0006Z2KF2.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.