• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite Surface Stock

Fav Surface stock

• 'D' Refurbished

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • 'D' Unrefurbished

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • 'A'

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • 'C'

Votes: 3 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Snap

Established Member
I voted for the D stock (unrefurb), as I think they stand out in comparison to the rest, and also sound great. :)

T

Tom

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? YOU VOTED D UNREFURB?!?!?!?

You have NOT experienced the A stock.

Nitro

I prefer D Refurb as they are much neater and look very good and they are my local stock (along with C which arent bad)!

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? YOU VOTED D UNREFURB?!?!?!?

You have NOT experienced the A stock.
Salute the A-stock
I vote for the A-stock, (it's rateable!) and I know Yorkie would 100% vote for the A-stock
--------
p.s I also vote for C/D stock, as they're both local ;)

The Snap

Established Member
Don't think I've ever been on an A stock, so wouldn't know. :( ;)

Met Driver

Established Member
The 'A' stock, IMHO, is a fantastic breed of train. The degree of passenger comfort they offer is like nothing else on LU. The high-backed, sprung seats are fantastic! I'm fond of the way they sound, too - very similar to MkI coaching stock - great when going over jointed track.

The Cs and Ds simply do not compare to the As when it comes to ride quality and comfort, but then again the designs and roles of the 3 types differ greatly.

Jordy

Established Member
Seth said:
The Cs and Ds simply do not compare to the As when it comes to ride quality and comfort, but then again the designs and roles of the 3 types differ greatly.

Yes thats true, I suppose that the 'A' stock really needs a poll of its own, but it would be the only one in it!!

Jordy

Sturdjos

I'm doing D refurbed - I like the new Sonia!

Also, I had a bad back today for some reason when I went up to Ealing BDWY - the seat did me no harm on the D refurbed :D

Jonno2055

I like A-stock too, infact if I new anything about reskining files in trainz than I would make a model of the A-stock.

Hint Hint

Julian G

Established Member
Seth said:
The 'A' stock, IMHO, is a fantastic breed of train. The degree of passenger comfort they offer is like nothing else on LU. The high-backed, sprung seats are fantastic! I'm fond of the way they sound, too - very similar to MkI coaching stock - great when going over jointed track.
Also they have flip-down perch seats and i know someone heads out on an A-stock ;) (the inter carriage doors ;))

Jim

Established Member
If I could do PROPER H-O on "A" Stock, I would. If there was a railtour with "A" stock on I would do it

"A" all the way

What Fruit Cake voted for "C", please see me at the end of the day for punishment, it is awfull, vandilised like hell etc

H

HR2

Jim said:
What Fruit Cake voted for "C", please see me at the end of the day for punishment, it is awfull, vandilised like hell etc

THIS 'Fruit Cake' voted for 'C'. Why? Because I like 'em. Second because they remind me of some of the stock we had before you were born ['R' stock for instance] and last because although they've been bashed and banged about they soldier on. They also have the lovely 'windyhouse' brake to play with.

That is not to say I don't like 'A' stock as well. .....I do. ;)

Jim

Established Member
DistrictLine said:
THIS 'Fruit Cake' voted for 'C'. Why? Because I like 'em. Second because they remind me of some of the stock we had before you were born ['R' stock for instance] and last because although they've been bashed and banged about they soldier on. They also have the lovely 'windyhouse' brake to play with.

That is not to say I don't like 'A' stock as well. .....I do. ;)
:lol: Well, like what you want, I hate them;)

EMU

It's D unrefurbed for me, the last trains with the spring handgrips and maplewood flooring.8-)
Edited (by doublepost prevention system):
Jim said:

There's always someone.:eek:

mindthegap

I voted 'D refurbed' as i feel they are almost as comfortable as the 'A' but the 'D' stock is more modern and is different in appearence to the unrefurbed stock. I also like the new announcements.

thefab444

Established Member
AH BUT ONLY A60 IS TRUE HELLFIRE, A62 IS CRAP.

:) Joking, but I'm sure such rifts exist between the A60 and A62 camps?

rob s

the only apparent difference, post refurb, is the rotary compressors, like 1938 stock sounds, on the A60 and the reciprocating on the A62.

Status
Not open for further replies.