• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite Tube Stock

Fav tube stock?

• 1967 Stock

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 1972 Stock

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 1973 Stock

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • 1992 Stock

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • 1995 Stock

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • 1996 Stock

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
How dare you associate the Notworkers with the 96TS!

The 2009TS is for Victoria Line ONLY.
The 1967TS on the Victoria will be cascaded to Bakerloo Line.
look another person saying Notworker :D
the 95TS sounds like a diesel leaving Clapham North (IGBT Traction etc)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Met Driver

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
Why?

Surely the 1972MkII is newer, and does the 67ts not have 8 cars?

The 67s are made up of 2x 4 car units. It would be pretty easy to reform some into 3 car units to give a 7 car formation when paired up with a 4 car unit.

Although the 72MkIIs are slightly newer, the mechanics of the two types are very similar and both are (more or less) compatable with one another. Some members of the 1972 fleet already operate on the Victoria, sandwiched between the usual 67TS cars.

T

Tom

The 67 and 72s are virtually the same except for the ATO system inside the train, the 67s also never had guard operation, and was "the first line to go OPO".

In the future we will probably see 67+72 combos, with the 67s being fitted with a deadman

Julian G

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
The 67 and 72s are virtually the same except for the ATO system inside the train, the 67s also never had guard operation, and was "the first line to go OPO".

In the future we will probably see 67+72 combos, with the 67s being fitted with a deadman
So that's means removal of ATO from the 67TS?

T

Tom

You don't really need a deadman on an automatic train though.... ;)

Met Driver

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
You don't really need a deadman on an automatic train though.... ;)

Nah, but it's rather important when driving the thing in manual!

Julian G

Established Member
DistrictLine said:
What's wrong with the 1995 stock that nobody likes them?
I like them as well

Are you sure the ATO is working, yesterday the train (made a farting noise-which sounded like the emergency brake) at King's Cross, I didn't fall over ;),

Met Driver

Established Member
Julian G said:
Are you sure the ATO is working, yesterday the train (made a farting noise-which sounded like the emergency brake) at King's Cross, I didn't fall over ;),

Some drivers choose to help the train come to a stand if they feel that it's approaching too fast, so what you heard was the driver 'assisting' the ATO by applying a bit more brake!!

T

Tom

323s sound more like the 96TS though Chaz... unless you're on about the disintegration...!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I do like the Northern line stock, particularly the lot that runs on the line to Edgware. Enjoyed my bash on that line when I did it as far as Colindale a few years ago.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
You mean that funky fresh sound they make on take-off? I love it too, always makes my day to hear it at full whack.

EMU

ikar said:
They are Central button pushers actually...

If I had said Central (Drivers), you would have a point, but operator does cover button pushers, as well as the operators of manualy operated stock. Anyway the button pushers do the guards job and more.

Jim

Established Member
EmergencyBrake said:
I voted for the 1996 stock. They have very nice 3-step motor sounds when starting and stopping :D
Glad someone agrees

LondonBVE

For myself i prefer the 1996 Tube Stock because of the Lord Sound. Anyway Alstom 2000 also made a train for our Singapore Metro that almost has an identical sound like the 1996 TS.

Established Member
I like the 1938 stock which was used on the Northern,Central and Bakerloo lines. Now in use on the Isle of Wight.

I like the 38 stock too. I would have voted for it if it was on the poll option.

The 1938 heritage stock is so beautifully made both the interior and exterior- not forgetting the familiar westinghouse brake sounds when they arrive at stations. I think the 59/62 stocks has exactly the same brake apply/release sounds too?

Jordy

Established Member
Apologies that I didnt include the 38ts, forgot all about it! :shock: ;)

(Well, tbh the poll was for tube stock currently running in London ;))

Jordy

Julian G

Established Member
The Screen had orange writing on it, this morning on the 96TS
and the original seating moquette

Status
Not open for further replies.