• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite Tube Stock

Fav tube stock?

• 1967 Stock

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 1972 Stock

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 1973 Stock

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • 1992 Stock

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • 1995 Stock

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • 1996 Stock

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dan_atki

Established Member
Got to be the 72 - I'm not sure why though - perhaps I just like the Bakerloo line.

I remember going on a 96 for the first time and I thought at the time that its motors made a good noise!

Jordy

Established Member
I don't think this thread will ever die! :lol:

no 38's or 56's

Yes, as said loads of times before, when this thread was first started, it was to find out which stock currently in service people liked the most.

DavyCrocket

I have to admit c69/77 are rubbish!

They're the best people movers on the network. It is quite amazing to see a train take a packed platform of people, so quickly. No future stock will be able to beat that!

The big trouble with the C Stock is there aren't enough of them, which means they are always out on the road.

The brakes might be a bit iffy and the couplings sound dodgy, and the motors knackered, but they are good fun to drive.

The best stock overall is the D Stock pre-refurb, not "Tube" I know!

Status
Not open for further replies.