• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Favourite Tube Stock

Fav tube stock?

• 1967 Stock

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 1972 Stock

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • 1973 Stock

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • 1992 Stock

Votes: 13 19.4%
  • 1995 Stock

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • 1996 Stock

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LondonBVE

Talking about Westinghouse brake, Singapore subway uses Westinghouse Brakes and Signals.

LondonBVE

EmergencyBrake said:
Does it give off the good old "tuht hsssss" sound when it slows down?

Well yes, it does. Everytime we will get to hear "tuht hssss". Nice sound actually, ask Stoopid he gets to listen to that too.

Turbostar

1995 stock for me. Because I've always had an interest in the Northern Line, it's history, stock that used to run on it, the routes etc.

Mart

T

Tom

The Bakerloo Line is, techinically, you could say MkIII stock as it has a combination of MkI and MkII stock. MkII for DMs, NDMs, some TCs, and MkI for other TCs.

H

HR2

Here we go agian. If you lads want to be historically accurate use the proper nonclemature when describing underground rolling stock. In all the days of LPTB/LTB/LTE the word TUBE was never attached to the name of any build. All tube stock was referred to just by it's year. I.E. 1938 stock, 1956 stock 1962 stock etc. Surface stock was only known by its letter. Now I see someone has decided to alter the descriptions in individual cars by calling trailers 'TC'. That is NOT correct. Official designations are DM, NDM, UNDM. CT, and 'T' There is and never were any such cars known as 'TC' That is a mainline tag. So please, lets get it right.

devon_metro

Established Member
Why does it run ok then? Why is London not grinding to a halt. Clearly they know something and i think your post was slightly over-exagerated.

H

HR2

Why does it run ok then? Why is London not grinding to a halt. Clearly they know something and i think your post was slightly over-exagerated.

It only runs well because of the dedication of the staff on the gorund. Those upstairs in the office probably never use a bus.

Driver74

I wish to submit a complaint... WHERE is the 1938TS on the voting list?

I offer my bit with a contented smile on my face. There can't be too many around today who have experienced driving one of these?

In my very early capacity as relief signalman, riding in the cab on one’s spare days gave one the drivers angle on problems re signalling and tailing from one red to another for a whole hour. Naturally one eventually gets a driving lesson that was not only interesting, but you learnt another’s angle on delays and communication. Not only that, you became familiar with train staff that when you wanted a quick turnaround you knew who you could rely on to do it.
Since all my tube time was spent with all the 1938 stock that was both reliable and safe and all RED.

Bighat

I offer my bit with a contented smile on my face. There can't be too many around today who have experienced driving one of these?

In my very early capacity as relief signalman, riding in the cab on one’s spare days gave one the drivers angle on problems re signalling and tailing from one red to another for a whole hour. Naturally one eventually gets a driving lesson that was not only interesting, but you learnt another’s angle on delays and communication. Not only that, you became familiar with train staff that when you wanted a quick turnaround you knew who you could rely on to do it.
Since all my tube time was spent with all the 1938 stock that was both reliable and safe and all RED.

Never mind the 1938 stock. What about the 1936 and 1960 stock which populated the Central Line during my school days!

Status
Not open for further replies.