• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Awaiting shortlisting - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karmakanik

Hi, I recently applied for a trainee driver position with FCC and am currently "awaiting shortlisting". Does anyone know what form the next contact will take i.e. phone, email, text etc.? I know that I have to play the waiting game but as it has been a couple of months, the constant checking for missed calls etc. is driving me crazy!!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rjhsteel

Must admit you can go a little crazy by checking emails, websites, missed calls waiting for any info.

Karmakanik

Well, as if by magic, I have just recieved an email advising me that I have passed the shortlisting and location assessment stages!
Guess I just reset the clock and play the waiting game all over again! Seems a bit more bearable now though......:D:D

Panch

Me too! Just heard today after waiting for over 7 weeks! I'm a female applicant and wondered if there are many other females out there applying for Trainee Train Driver positions?

thomas69

Is this for first capital connect? How many positions are there for these train driver vacancies?

LCC106

Established Member
Hi Panch. I'm a girly and also a Trainee Driver. Practised really hard for all stages of the interview and made it through. Good luck to you all!

shirleyd286

Hi all, new to the forums, Am awaiting shortlisting for the Peterborough FCC trainee slots, wondered if anyone had heard for this depot? Congratulations to all who have been shortlisted elsewhere! :D

mike081984

Hi Karmakanik and co,

I too have applied for this. As of this morning I've still not heard anything, however I only put my application in a few days before the closing date!

Have you been told what happens next? Did you get an email or did they send a letter?

Panch

Hi Mike, I waited for over 7 weeks to hear anything. They contacted me via email and said that they would be in contact regarding attending the Assessment Centre.

I know that they have had a huge amount of applicants - HR told me in excess of 5,000!

Hope you hear soon.

Karmakanik

I applied about a month before the deadline, so I had to wait just under 2 months to hear anything. No other info came with the email, just to wait for the next contact. Good luck and keep checking that mailbox!

Panch, it sounds like you and I are in the same boat. Keep rowing!!

mike081984

Hi Panch,

5,000...! Hmmm... I hope a significant number of those are completely useless (with yourself and Karmakanik excluded of course!).

KK, I will certainly keep checking that mailbox...!

What location have you both applied for? I've put down for King's Cross though would have to relocate.

Karmakanik

I applied to Bedford as it is nearest but would probably take anywhere they offered if it came to it! Don't know how many vacancies there are, either.

W230

Established Member
I had my line manager interview with FCC yesterday and asked them how many drivers they were looking to recruit. They said around 150 over the next two years but said 'countless' more over the next 8 years. So i'm trying to be positive that if I don't get through there will be more opportunities.

My original application was in November and it took more than two months from then to get to an assessment centre so don't worry. The fact that you've got through to it is defintiely the biggest hurdle.

When I went to my assessment in January they said the job had recieved 63,000 hits on the website (not all those applied obviously). I didn't realise they had had 5,000 applicants though. I guess that explains the slow process.

Panch

Hi Panch,

5,000...! Hmmm... I hope a significant number of those are completely useless (with yourself and Karmakanik excluded of course!).

KK, I will certainly keep checking that mailbox...!

What location have you both applied for? I've put down for King's Cross though would have to relocate.

Mike, I too applied for Bedford but I live close enough to a couple of the other locations.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

mike081984

Thanks Panch, I'll keep you posted! Good luck with the assessment, let us know when it's happening and how you get on! :D

Lattridge

Applied for peterborough and still awaiting shortlisting. Where is everyone having their assessments?

baldieman

First posting here so... hello everyone! :D

I applied in December and have just recieved an email from FCC stating that they had a high number of applications etc, and although I passed the initial screening they are currently keeping my application "on hold" for six months in case any further vacancies for interview/assessment arise.

Not sure if this constitutes good news or bad news personally! Looks like I am playing an even longer waiting game now! :cry:

FYI: I live in Peterborough so am guessing that's where they would be considering my application.

Well done to those already through to the next stage. :D

Regards,

Baldieman.

mike081984

Hi Baldieman, thanks for the update.

Like you say, hard to know if it's a good or bad thing, but guess you have to take it as a good thing that you've technically made it through the application sifting process even if there isn't space right now.

I guess it could be affected by both a) the point at which you apply and b) the location you go for. I personally applied for Kings Cross, and didn't apply until a few days before the closing date, so could be that I'm waiting a while longer. Either way, I'll provide an update when I know.

Let me know if you hear anything else, good luck! And well done to everyone through to assessments so far :D
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Quick add on... five minutes after posting the above message, I received the same standard email as you Baldieman! Guess they had enough people from the early stages of the application. Fingers crossed we get taken forward later in the year.

baldieman

Hi Mike,

Well done to you too! :D

Lets hope that there's some dropouts or something in the next few weeks and we get that call.

Baldieman.

Last edited:

Panch

First posting here so... hello everyone! :D

I applied in December and have just recieved an email from FCC stating that they had a high number of applications etc, and although I passed the initial screening they are currently keeping my application "on hold" for six months in case any further vacancies for interview/assessment arise.

Not sure if this constitutes good news or bad news personally! Looks like I am playing an even longer waiting game now! :cry:

FYI: I live in Peterborough so am guessing that's where they would be considering my application.

Well done to those already through to the next stage. :D

Regards,

Baldieman.

Hi Baldieman

Did the email actually say on hold for six months?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi Panch. I'm a girly and also a Trainee Driver. Practised really hard for all stages of the interview and made it through. Good luck to you all!

Hi there and well done lady!

How long have you been a trainee? Hope you are enjoying it?! Would you mind letting me know the process you had to go through before you were offered the position?

Be very grateful for any advice

LCC106

Established Member
Hi Panch. Just the normal process. Submitted an online application, invited to manager interview, then assessment centre 1 (all tests except for the reaction and the structured interview), assessment centre 2 (reaction test and structured interview), medical. It seems different TOCs do tests in different orders. For instance, some do the manager's interview at the end.

shirleyd286

Evening all, i got the same 'on hold' email for p'boro. Am hoping its a bit of breathing space to clear applicantions for kings x etc, fingers crossed

Panch

Hi Panch. Just the normal process. Submitted an online application, invited to manager interview, then assessment centre 1 (all tests except for the reaction and the structured interview), assessment centre 2 (reaction test and structured interview), medical. It seems different TOCs do tests in different orders. For instance, some do the manager's interview at the end.

Thanks for that info!

Status
Not open for further replies.