• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC catching LUL fare evaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clip

Established Member
Just a quick question reagrding what happens.

So at Highbury & Islington this evening as you turn the corner coming up from the tube/moorgate branch there were hoqards of FCC inspectors- I didnt see any LUL people there - checking ticekts/oyster. Which is fantastic as there were loads of LOROL ones at the top also.

But what happens if an FCC RPI gets someone who doesnt have the right ticket/Oyster on them but has travelled using the tube? Do they send the PF to LUL or just claim it as their own as both have different PF penalties - £20 & £80..

thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Urban Gateline

Established Member
LO use the same PF scheme as LUL, so if there were LO inspectors present nearby then the FCC RPI could refer them to one of the LO inspectors.

You are right that TOC's use a different PC scheme to TFL run services, we have this at Clapham Junction, where SWT RPI's cannot issue penalty fares to LO passengers who don't have a valid ticket, the way they deal with them is just to sell the ticket that the passenger should have held!

Clip

Established Member
The LO guys were just hanging round the top of the overbridge looking for a next train I think and was a bit of a walk from where the FCC guys were but that seems plausible thing to be doing.

34D

Established Member
But what happens if an FCC RPI gets someone who doesnt have the right ticket/Oyster on them but has travelled using the tube? Do they send the PF to LUL or just claim it as their own as both have different PF penalties - £20 & £80..

thanks

Can't answer the question over amounts, but don't forget that the fares are the same, kings cross-finsbury park (someone can word this better than I can)

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Can't answer the question over amounts, but don't forget that the fares are the same, kings cross-finsbury park (someone can word this better than I can)

I suppose if it's a route that is run by multiple TOC's and/or LUL, then the Penalty fare payable will be that of the TOC/LUL inspectors present, therefore a lower PF if an FCC RPI caught the fare evader.

Clip

Established Member

Yeah i know the fares will be the same for that sort of journey but not if coming from north. Point being is that LUL will hit you with £80 and FCC £20.

hence the question about who takes the PF.

Molesey boy appears to have a good answer. .ill have to ask for sure.

Bellwater

As far as I know both EMT and FCC RPIs can issue penalty fares for each others services(ie EMT doing a block at Luton Airport)on the Bedford-Pancras Route.

Class377/5

Established Member
As far as I know both EMT and FCC RPIs can issue penalty fares for each others services(ie EMT doing a block at Luton Airport)on the Bedford-Pancras Route.

There's lots of inter working on the Thameslink route. Remember being station staff at Elephant & Castle to find tons of BTP, metal detector and loads of Southern revence staff staff doing checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.