• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC delays - Signalling problems at Hitchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

philjo

Established Member
FCC website:

Line problem: at Hitchin.
Owing to signalling problems at Hitchin one of the northbound lines are blocked.
Impact:
Train services running through this station may be cancelled or delayed by up to 120 mins at short notice. An estimate for the resumption of normal services will be provided as soon as the problem has been fully assessed.
Customer Advice:
First Capital Connect trains between London Kings Cross and Cambridge/Kings Lynn are experiencing severe disruption.
There is no estimate for the line between Stevenage and Royston re-opening at present.
A shuttle train service is running between Kings Lynn/Cambridge and Royston in both directions.
A shuttle train service is running between Kings Cross and Stevenage in both directions.
A rail replacement bus service is running between Stevenage and Royston in both directions.
A rail replacement bus service is running between Hertford North and Stevenage in both directions.
All other trains are running through the affected area, but may be delayed.
First Capital Connect are sorry for any delay this may have caused you.
Message Received :10/05/2012 11:14

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

There was something peculiar as well yesterday. I was on the 14.15 ex Leeds which, when departing away from it's stop at Stevenage just crawled along at 15 mph or so all the way until Welwyn North when it then accelerated up to normal speed. I don't think it was signals as - sitting in the leading coach - I could see every one of 'em was green.

D1009

Established Member
Trains today have returned to normal from about 14.00 following a points failure at Hitchin.

Yesterday trains were running at extreme caution on all 4 lines in the Knebworth area between 1555 and 1630 due to police dealing with a suicidal female person.

Status
Not open for further replies.