• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Depots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dano28

Hi,

Am new to the forum and wondered if anybody could list FCC's depots?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A-driver

Established Member
Do you mean train depots or crew depots?

For train crew it is Bedford, blackfriars, Brighton, peterbourgh, Hitchin, kings x, Cambridge and Lynn (Bedford and Hitchin are the biggest).

For train depots maintenance depots at Bedford Caudwell and hornsey, stabling/cleaning depots at Brighton lovers walk, Selhurst (on occasion), WGC, Hertford, letchworth, Cambridge, peterbourgh nene sidings.

Hope this helps.

Pumbaa

Established Member
Hitchin? That's an odd one. Nearly as odd as Bletchley on the WC.

NSE

Established Member
There's one or two small sidings at Gatwick Airport. Just south, I've seen bothg FCC and FGW units using them. Nothing drastic, but just stabling I think. And, due to their use of shared services with SE, I've seen them stable and use London Victoria and the sidings for SE outside.

A-driver

Established Member
Forgot about cricklewood for berthing trains. The one at Gatwick you refer to is tinsely green sidings. Didn't know FCC berthed there, thought it was just gat ex.

Hitchin and bletchley are prime locations for depots as they are on junctions and about half way along the route. Historically both were big busy fruit terminals aswell.

In terms of the SET/FCC Joint service? Certainly used to be Sevenoaks, Bellingham, Orpington and Ashford (4x377's) but that was a couple of years ago now, might have all changed.

A-driver

Established Member
Re reading my post, when I say busy fruit terminals I actually mean freight terminals, predictive text!

Although they may of handled fruit but i don't know that for sure...

thelem

The depot near Preston Park is Brighton Lover's Walk.

What happened with the new Thameslink depots in the end. Last I heard both were held up by NIMBYs, but the other day I noticed that they're building at Three Bridges.

westcoaster

Established Member
The depot near Preston Park is Brighton Lover's Walk.

What happened with the new Thameslink depots in the end. Last I heard both were held up by NIMBYs, but the other day I noticed that they're building at Three Bridges.

Preston park cs are used for stabling.

RichmondCommu

Established Member
For some time after the Class 317'S were first introduced I'm pretty sure that Cricklewood was their main base and indeed I seem to remember that the depot was rebuilt to accomodate them. Any ideas why Cricklewood was closed and maintenance transfered to Hornsey, particulary as Carlton Rd Jct to Harringay is not electrified?

A-driver

Established Member
For some time after the Class 317'S were first introduced I'm pretty sure that Cricklewood was their main base and indeed I seem to remember that the depot was rebuilt to accomodate them. Any ideas why Cricklewood was closed and maintenance transfered to Hornsey, particulary as Carlton Rd Jct to Harringay is not electrified?

I would imagen it's just cheaper to have all maintenance done at the same place - Hornsey looks after everything except 377s.

Did cricklewood not look after them when they were on the Bedford route? Before they came onto the GN?

Once the new depot opens at Hornsey the entire fleet will be there, and with the link from st pancras opening to empty stock and test trains soon it will be far easier to get to.

Failed Unit

Established Member
Cricklewood closed when thameslink appeared.

The 319s were all selhurst allocated. The 317s went to Hornsey at the same time but were never in BRs time used on Bedford services again.

With the 319s and a cross London service Cricklewood was surplus to requirements.

Tommy3000

Does anyone know if there are plans to stable more trains on/near the Sutton Loop after it is cut off from Thameslink in 2018?

Using Blackfriars as a terminus could be beneficial for passengers as it would insulate the loop from problems elsewhere, but obviously that advantage wouldn't materialise if most trains had to be driven through the core every morning.

ole man

Cricklewood closed when thameslink appeared.

The 319s were all selhurst allocated. The 317s went to Hornsey at the same time but were never in BRs time used on Bedford services again.

With the 319s and a cross London service Cricklewood was surplus to requirements.
What's Cricklewood being extended for then?.

ole man

The depot is to be extended to cater for 12 cars trains , what would NR and FCC be doing that for?.

Status
Not open for further replies.