• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Only Day Travelcard from Three Bridges at Southern website

Status
Not open for further replies.

radamfi

Established Member
At weekends, FCC offer a bargain Super Off Peak Day Travelcard from Three Bridges, £6.60 with a Network Railcard, heavily undercutting tickets allowing Southern travel. This ticket was not available from the Southern site last time I checked last year and there was a thread about it, asking whether it was legal for Southern to exclude 'FCC Only' tickets from their website.

I checked yesterday and I was surprised to see it now available from the Southern site. But I was unable to buy it as there were no delivery options possible. I was, however, able to get it from Red Spotted Hanky using TOD which also uses the WebTIS booking engine.

Further investigation shows that Southern are only offering this ticket for postal delivery. Have Southern been required to be impartial by starting to advertise the ticket on their website, but only offering postal delivery as a loophole to get around this ruling?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I would guess that you've hit the nail on the head :)

jon0844

Veteran Member
Have you checked if any other operators in the area offer the ticket, such as that company that runs the Gatwick Express?

:)

A60K

Have you checked if any other operators in the area offer the ticket, such as that company that runs the Gatwick Express?
What company would that be then guv ;)

Curiously, that's cheaper than Zones 1-6 bought within London - or am I missing something?
EDIT: I missed the clear statement that it's the Network Railcard discounted price! Still cheap though.

Brucey

As Southern say... "It's Only Fare". £6 for delivery on a ticket within 7 days, I think not!

dzug2

Well FGW offer to sell the ticket - and for pickup at Three Bridges TOD machine

As do Chiltern

And even Southern???

Did you leave the two hours before the outward train time?

Last edited:

radamfi

Established Member
And even Southern???

Did you leave the two hours before the outward train time?

Originally no, but then I changed it to several hours notice and still unable to buy. You can't buy for the same day if postal delivery is the only option. Even for this weekend, as quoted above, only the £6 Special Delivery option is available.

Everyone apart from Southern seems to offer it as TOD. I normally wouldn't care but you get 6% cashback using the Southern website through TopCashback.

dzug2

Usually the cut off for normal postal delivery is one week - anything less it's special delivery. Applies to all sites, not just Southern.

Brucey

Usually the cut off for normal postal delivery is one week - anything less it's special delivery. Applies to all sites, not just Southern.
But SN won't even allow ToD on this ticket, whereas other sites do.

Status
Not open for further replies.