• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Penalty Charge - False Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
Whilst not relevant specifically to the OP's case, what is mentioned above is what I always find the case, that people insist that TOCs stick to their contractual obligations, honour printouts that contradict the routing guide. However, as soon as the customer makes a cock-up, they'll look for any way to try and avoid their own side of contractual obligations, such as forgotten railcards, forgotten tickets, forgotten reservations and all other host of problems caused solely by the customer themselves. Discretion is a two-way street, but it is only ever expected that traffic should come from the TOCs end of things.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flamingo

Established Member
Whilst not relevant specifically to the OP's case, what is mentioned above is what I always find the case, that people insist that TOCs stick to their contractual obligations, honour printouts that contradict the routing guide. However, as soon as the customer makes a cock-up, they'll look for any way to try and avoid their own side of contractual obligations, such as forgotten railcards, forgotten tickets, forgotten reservations and all other host of problems caused solely by the customer themselves. Discretion is a two-way street, but it is only ever expected that traffic should come from the TOCs end of things.
I wouldn't say all passengers. I always make a point of saying "Thank You for doing it properly" to passengers who have gone to the booking office to excess up their advanced tickets, for example. I do think that it should be acknowledged.

Which is also the reason I won't let people travel on the "wrong" train without at the least excessing them, as I feel that this is only fair on those that do go to the booking office. My stock reply to anybody who comes up to me on the platform saying "Can I travel early?" is "Not without paying the excess". Some do, most decide they can wait after all.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
My stock reply to anybody who comes up to me on the platform saying "Can I travel early?" is "Not without paying the excess". Some do, most decide they can wait after all.
What would you do if someone was booked on a delayed train, say, Swindon-London, that had come from say Cardiff and was showing on the boards as now being delayed, and yours was ex-Bristol and unaffected by the delay, and they were worried about missing their onward train, say London-Inverness, would you let them on an earlier train Swindon-London so that they'd make their onward connection?

Flamingo

Established Member
Delays are different and common-sense will be used (I hope, I do try!), and obviously missed connections are of course a valid excuse.

The "My flight arrived early/late; my meeting finished early/late; the taxi was early/late; The earlier/later train was the same price" are what I'm referring to.

Status
Not open for further replies.