• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC Trainee Train Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gareth43

Has anyone heard from FCC yet regarding the next assessment dates, It seems to have gone very quiet at the moment and no information is being released by HR.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gareth43

Contacted FCC again today still none the wiser although I am now hearing different stories from there HR about when things will move forward. All I can do is twiddle my thumbs and wait.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Contacted FCC again today still none the wiser although I am now hearing different stories from there HR about when things will move forward. All I can do is twiddle my thumbs and wait.

At least you're in safe knowledge that you aren't the only person waiting! I think all TOC's are very slow in their recruitment processes, especially for highly skilled roles of Traincrew!

I've been waiting about 5 months so far for an assessment date on a Guards application and I am an internal applicant for the TOC concerned!!!

Gareth43

Ok, so I called HR today and finally spoke to someone who new what was going on, apparently there are still 1000's on the awaiting assessments dates list, I was told that there is no guarantee that we will even get an assessment and it is pot luck if you get offered a date.
Very annoyed as I am told by someone in the know that if you get short-listed you have to have an assessment and FCC cannot deprive you of one regardless of the number of applicants. Their equal opportunity policy seems to be a load of bull!
There are only a few assessment dates left for this year so it is now looking like I am not going to be given the opportunity to go for the career of my dreams:cry:

But then again perhaps the guy I spoke to did not really know what was going on and just said what he did out of ignorance. who knows.

Last edited:

shirleyd286

Ok, so I called HR today and finally spoke to someone who new what was going on, apparently there are still 1000's on the awaiting assessments dates list, I was told that there is no guaranty that we will even get an assessment and it is pot luck if you get offered a date.
Very annoyed as I am told by someone in the know that if you get short-listed you have to have an assessment and FCC cannot deprive you of one regardless of the number of applicants.
There are only a few assessment dates left for this year so it is now looking like I am not going to be given the opportunity to go for the career of my dreams:cry:

Crap isn't it :( will have to pin my hopes on my GA application...

Gareth43

Yes indeed, I to am hoping that my application with GA brings better luck, at least that one will move quicker as I am told their course starts in June so I am assuming that we should all here by the end of this month if we have been successful and assessments ect will run in may.

shirleyd286

Yes indeed, I to am hoping that my application with GA brings better luck, at least that one will move quicker as I am told their course starts in June so I am assuming that we should all here by the end of this month if we have been successful and assessments ect will run in may.

I hope they are quicker, will be checking the mail avidly over the next few weeks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.