• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC -what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkwhite

Passéd manager interview in May,phoned HR today and they said if no jobs come up in 6 months then I will have to apply again???
Email stated that results last for 3 years?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E&W Lucas

Established Member
They're usually short of Driver Trainers, which holds up the whole process.

jscho84233

I think the email stating 3 years validity just means your assessment centre results - not your application process as a whole. So if there are no jobs come up in 6 months you would have to apply again, but you wouldn't have to do the assessment centre again.

Dano28

That doesn't sound too promising! I'm in the same position, thought once you were on the list having passed everything that was it until a course/medical date came through??

this is new?? I got to that stage in the recruitment over a year ago and they said there were no jobs but they would be in touch when there are. I have since gone to another TOC

Dano28

Just re read my email from FCC HR and nowhere did it mention 6 months and then to reapply as and when a vacancy is advertised... It says

"We appreciate that you may be disappointed by this news and would like to assure you that your application will be kept on file for the next intake. Please note that your test results are valid for 3 years and you will not be required to retake any of the assessments/interview for the future positions."

Not for 6 months...so where does that leave us?

Have other people on here not been on waiting list for over a year and been contacted with offers? (sure I've read that before)

newbie1000

Have any of you lot done the medical and have references taken since given the job offer? just curious to see how far exactly you lot have got in the process whilst waiting.....

A-driver

Established Member
I don't want to dash hopes and have made similar comments in other related threads but I don't think FCC will be taking many more trainees on soon. They are advertising for qualifieds again and have taken quite a few quails on as they can have them productive in 4 or 5 months and so take them on as and when they need them.

This stuff about them taking on 200 or so drivers seems no more than a myth. I believe there is currently one small trainee group at Hornsey of kings cross trainees and possibly a few for TL depots but if anything many depots are currently over staffed and FCC are looking to let numberrs die down a bit. I can't see them taking on many trainees at the moment I'm afraid.

newbie1000

This small group for Kings Cross.... is that something you believe theyre starting soon or is currently in progress

A-driver

Established Member
Is currently in progress. They re currently out with DIs. There were also a few trainees coming into Hornsey training school the other morning as I was leaving the depot so there may be another starting but I know there arnt the floods of trainees FCC claimed there would be.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Well they are training up a certain RPI I know to become a driver. Can't wait to see if he passes. If not, there might be at least one new position soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.