• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

February snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

marks87

Established Member
Just a wee bit of snow on the Highland Main Line this morning. This was Dalwhinnie (credit: Network Rail):

B-iLXaVIgAAi59E.jpg

(Picture shows a 67 with its front entirely covered by snow)

There's been a handful of cancellations, and services that are running are delayed by up to half an hour, but overall it seems the snowploughs are doing a decent job.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Holy Moly! Pretty good that it got to Inverness at all.

Good of SR to actually take it through though.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Presumably the train had been stationary for some time? It clearly could not have traveled in that condition - I can't imagine the driver had been leaning out of the cab window to see the road ahead. Great shot, though.

cf111

Established Member
Presumably the train had been stationary for some time? It clearly could not have traveled in that condition - I can't imagine the driver had been leaning out of the cab window to see the road ahead. Great shot, though.

The train sat at Dalwhinnie from 0738 to 0751.

marks87

Established Member
I should probably have noted in my opening post that it was Network Rail's photo, not mine! Now duly corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.