• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

February tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennorthyork

I'm looking to book advance tickets for the weekend after valentines day. I know they won't be available to book for a while yet. I was just wondering what demand is normally like around that time and are there less quotas of cheaper tickets around periods like valentines day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
I'm looking to book advance tickets for the weekend after valentines day. I know they won't be available to book for a while yet. I was just wondering what demand is normally like around that time and are there less quotas of cheaper tickets around periods like valentines day?

It's not one of the 'main holidays' so there shouldn't be that great an increased demand I would have thought. Still though, as ever, the sooner you buy the cheaper it will be.

theblackwatch

Established Member
It's not one of the 'main holidays' so there shouldn't be that great an increased demand I would have thought. Still though, as ever, the sooner you buy the cheaper it will be.

But (in North Yorkshire at least), the schools break up for half term on February 13th, so there could be a higher demand than usual for tickets the next day due to families going away during the school holidays.

Established Member
But (in North Yorkshire at least), the schools break up for half term on February 13th, so there could be a higher demand than usual for tickets the next day due to families going away during the school holidays.

Good point, hadn't thought of that. Not sure how many schools are like that across the country though.

Status
Not open for further replies.