• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fed up with Virgin Train's catering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Is this allowed then? I'm guessing that as you are allowed to take your own food onboard trains, it is.

Of course it is (though it could be a problem at gated stations) but the real question is have you got the nerve to try and get a pizza delivery to try and meet your train when it's only going to be at the platform for a minute or two at most (or even less seeing as on that the video the train was away in what seemed like about 30 seconds).

Established Member
I wonder ıf you could get Mumtaz to delıver curry to XC or TPE servıces at Leeds :)

There is the Curry Train up here between Newcastle and Corbridge, where you have your starter on the train, order the main course and it is ready when you get to the restaurant.

Established Member
Used to have a good arrangement at Hebden Bridge, ring up just before Summit Tunnel and the brew and bacon butty for driver and me would be ready as we arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.