• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Feedback on excellent customer service

Status
Not open for further replies.

trebor79

Established Member
Does feedback to GWR get forwarded to the relevant staff members?
I experienced two absolutely excellent examples of customer service the past couple of days and am minded to write to the company, but only if it results in the people involved getting a pat on the back. If they'll never know I won't waste my time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Journeyman

Established Member
Does feedback to GWR get forwarded to the relevant staff members?
I experienced two absolutely excellent examples of customer service the past couple of days and am minded to write to the company, but only if it results in the people involved getting a pat on the back. If they'll never know I won't waste my time.
Yeah, TOCs do generally pass on praise, so it's worth doing. I wrote to ScotRail after seeing a conductor deal very well with a guy off his face on drugs, and I was assured the member of staff concerned would be commended.

Yep, definitely. I'm a Guard and my manager once forwarded to me a passenger email praising my kindness after dealing with a disruption...along with a note from my manager herself congratulating me and thanking me.

It put a spring in my step on my shift that day, so please do it!

Neptune

Established Member
Not a single thing for me from any of my management team when I got showered in Twitter praise after a serious incident.

We were in dispute at the time though so I guess me justifying my job and getting praised for it didn’t go down too well.

lxfe_mxtterz

I've often found that feedback gets forwarded on.

I have written to Transport for Wales before to praise one of the female guards on the Cambrian Coast Line who had excellent customer service, going above and beyond, and was very chatty and friendly - and a male staff member (wasn't sure whether it was another guard or the driver) who brightened up everybody's day by making some rather humorous announcements during the final 15 minutes of the journey.

Reassuringly, I received an email a week later from the customer relations advisor and was informed that my praise had been passed on.

Blinkbonny

Yes, I contacted TFW once to thank a ticket seller at Aberystwyth who saved me money on a ticket and understood the Dovey Junction Shuffle far better than I am ever likely to, and they told me they passed it on.

More recently I filled out the "Send Praise" page at Avanti West Coast to thank a staff member at Carlisle for their help. It took all my personal and travel details, I pressed Send and it then informed me that Carlisle was not an Avant West Coast Station!

It wiped all my input and gave me a link to a list of stations and who ran them - including Carlisle managed by Avant West Coast! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.