• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

feels like a stupid question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitha1

Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I haven't travelled on trains for ages. I was planning to buy the n-network daytripper, but I am not sure whether this is only valid on the local trains in the area, or can I use it on Virgin Trains or CrossCountry? I would only be travelling on Virgin between Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Coventry so I wouldn't be leaving the valid zone. Thanks in advance :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but I haven't travelled on trains for ages. I was planning to buy the n-network daytripper, but I am not sure whether this is only valid on the local trains in the area, or can I use it on Virgin Trains or CrossCountry? I would only be travelling on Virgin between Wolverhampton, Birmingham and Coventry so I wouldn't be leaving the valid zone. Thanks in advance :)
Yes it is valid on all TOCs within the area (Arriva, Virgin, London Midland & CrossCountry).

clagmonster

Established Member
Yes, valid on all trains operated by any operator within the area of validity. Note that Wrexham & Shropshire services are pick up only northbound, and set down ounly southbound at Wolves so you can't use them on a daytripper.
While we are on the subject, does anyone know whether these tickets can be purchased from booking offices outside of the West Mids, and if so what they are listed as in the system. Thanks.

glynn80

Established Member
While we are on the subject, does anyone know whether these tickets can be purchased from booking offices outside of the West Mids, and if so what they are listed as in the system. Thanks.

They are certainly listed in systems outside the West Midlands under the term "Network Daytripper". However when being issued in the West Midlands they are issued on dedicated stock (https://themanual.tso.co.uk/tm_ticket_stock_images/EMBED_337651_02000005_large.gif) which I doubt ticket offices outside of the validity area would hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.