• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW 158 in sheffield

Status
Not open for further replies.

bus man

FGW 158766 is curently stabled between paltform 5/6 the unit is here on a "presentation " evening -NFD available understand it will leave at 11am on sat 24th Sep

DSCN0176.jpg

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Schnellzug

Established Member
Whatever can it be for? What are they presenting, and who to? Are they angling for some new contract with someone in that part of the world?

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It carried about 30 FGW staff and others (eg. Community Rail Partnership staff) to the Community Rail Awards and Dinner which was held at Sheffield Town Hall last night. I saw the diagrams on Thursday but cannot fully remember them. Said to have been asked for by Mark Hopwood who loves parading his stuff around the network, particularly when it can annoy Northern :lol:

FGWman

Where would they get traincrew for such a trip ? As far as Cheltenham Spa would be ok but beyond that would be a problem.

Lampshade

Established Member
Where would they get traincrew for such a trip ? As far as Cheltenham Spa would be ok but beyond that would be a problem.

When they were taking 142s up to Heaton they used GBRf drivers, maybe they did the same this time?

There was an FGW GCR Guard and FGW GCR driver driving!

Obviously they didn't have the route knowledge and so were being piloted as far as CNM, but by whom I don't know!

Established Member
I think XC staff may have been involved, may be wrong.

sonic2009

Established Member
Speaking to a Gloucester Guard during the Signalling Chaos at 8pm, it was West Coast providing the pilot duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.