• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fgw 180

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
To confirm FGW 180s will have dynamic lines like Hull Trains units as seen in Rail

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

starrymarkb

Established Member
To confirm FGW 180s will have dynamic lines like Hull Trains units as seen in Rail

No confirmation needed by Rail, the first repainted unit has been out in the wild for about 3 weeks now...

Schnellzug

Established Member
Very splendid they look too. And there were people saying that plain Blue was the standard livery now. I bet they're laughing on the other side of their face now, whatever that means exactly.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Very splendid they look too. And there were people saying that plain Blue was the standard livery now. I bet they're laughing on the other side of their face now, whatever that means exactly.

Seems its just local lines which has been replaced. Will be intererting to see what livery the 350\4s are delivered in!

387star

On Moderation
They seem to be opting for simple blue rather than varying vinyl based blue which look smuch cleaner and less cluttered, smarter too. Sorry not quite sure how I missed this

Nym

Established Member
Could it not just be because the 180 refurb was specified before they decided to change to the simple blue/purpule we've seen on 150001 and 150002?

TEW

Established Member
They've been done exactly the same as Hull Trains, just FGW logos. It should be seen as Dynamic Lines light as well, there is much less use of vinyls and lines and more plain blue, with the standard darker pink doors.

Ivo

Established Member
Forgive the daft question, but when are they expected to enter service? (Assuming they haven't already?)

On a less daft note, the "plain" livery is not exclusive to 150001 and 150002. The ex-LM units are also in this painfully boring colour scheme.

TEW

Established Member
May has been a date mentioned before. All five need to be refurbished first and crew need to be trained, although apparently the set at Old Oak Common was being used for crew training. I'm not sure but I believe some of the staff that need to be trained on 180s are also crew who need to be trained on 150s which would slow it down. I think this applies to Reading guards but I don't know for certain.

Michael.Y

Established Member
Slight alteration I see - the "knot" or "divergence" is only at one end of the carriage, with the text at the other end, rather than in the centre.

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
Slight alteration I see - the "knot" or "divergence" is only at one end of the carriage, with the text at the other end, rather than in the centre.

Its only at one end on the HT 180s too. The text seems to be smaller though.

Status
Not open for further replies.