• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fgw 180

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
I've heard that driver training is due to start soon between Hereford and London Paddington.

anthony263

Established Member
Hey guys

Anyone knows when these are to start running?

Cheers

There some timings for the test runs on the FGW coffee shop forum.

If you register or are already a member and log in you will be able to see some photos of the refurbished interiors.

Failed Unit

Established Member
I've heard that driver training is due to start soon between Hereford and London Paddington.

Will that be full training or refresher for those that have driven them before? It has been a while I guess for the ones that used to have traction knowledge.

sonic2009

Established Member
There some timings for the test runs on the FGW coffee shop forum.

If you register or are already a member and log in you will be able to see some photos of the refurbished interiors.

Could we please have a link to the thread? having trouble finding it.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Just (two minutes ago) saw one on a test run southbound on one of the through roads at Oxford, generating admiring glances from travellers tired of Turbos

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

MrJamesBrown

Any chance of these popping up on the Cardiff route again...I much preferred them to the HSTs except for their reliability.

fgwrich

Established Member
I doubt it, as there will only be 5 180s returning and their main purpose will be soley to convert the Cotswold line back to Intercity trains - reducing the turbo diagrams down to the very minimum...

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I doubt it, as there will only be 5 180s returning and their main purpose will be soley to convert the Cotswold line back to Intercity trains - reducing the turbo diagrams down to the very minimum...
I would presume one diagram will remain 166 operated to maintain traction knowledge.

MrJamesBrown

Thanks, I'll have an excuse to get some more mileage then ;)

TEW

Established Member
The 0546 Moreton-in-Marsh to Worcester Foregate Street and the 0653 Worcester Foregate Street-Oxford will remain as a 2 car 165. That will be the only booked Turbo past Moreton-in-Marsh on weekdays. The rest of the services will be 180s or HSTs.

sonic2009

Established Member
The 0546 Moreton-in-Marsh to Worcester Foregate Street and the 0653 Worcester Foregate Street-Oxford will remain as a 2 car 165. That will be the only booked Turbo past Moreton-in-Marsh on weekdays. The rest of the services will be 180s or HSTs.

Surely there must still be that odd-service that starts from Banbury, that will still be operated as a 165?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Surely there must still be that odd-service that starts from Banbury, that will still be operated as a 165?
A service from Banbury will only go via Oxford, not the rest of the Cotswold Line though.

sonic2009

Established Member
A service from Banbury will only go via Oxford, not the rest of the Cotswold Line though.

The timetable appears to have changed. 2E95 1732 Oxford to Great Malvern 1924, before the latest timetable change (Dec 11) this service started back from Banbury.

This service must still be operated by a 165, as it is the all stops service.

Yew

Established Member
Is anything planned to happen to the turbo fleet?

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The timetable appears to have changed. 2E95 1732 Oxford to Great Malvern 1924, before the latest timetable change (Dec 11) this service started back from Banbury.

I didn't realise there were diagrams like that.

anthony263

Established Member
Just more strengthened commuter services into Paddington as far as I know.

correct the extra capacity on local services into London Paddington is really needed another reason why FGW took those two prototype class 150's on the Reading - Bassingstoke route to release at least one class 165

TEW

Established Member

Will be a 180 most likely running through as the 1622 from London. A 180 can call at all stations as one door only can be opened, on a turbo it isn't possible so only a 2-car unit can be used on the short platforms.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
correct the extra capacity on local services into London Paddington is really needed another reason why FGW took those two prototype class 150's on the Reading - Bassingstoke route to release at least one class 165

Hopefully the displaced 166s from the Cotswold Line will go on the Reading-Redhill and Reading-Gatwick Airport services where the luggage space is very useful, currently services run using a mix of 165s and 166s. That should displace higher capacity 165s to services out of London.

FGW_Lad

Saw one departing Slough today at about 6.10ish as I was walking over a bridge. Was this just a test run or in service?

Captain Chaos

Test runs as the minute. Should be 180106 on test for driver training purposes.

Did have a list of Headcodes and service times from Padd and Oxford earlier but forgot to make a note of them!

theblackwatch

Established Member
Test runs as the minute. Should be 180106 on test for driver training purposes.

Did have a list of Headcodes and service times from Padd and Oxford earlier but forgot to make a note of them!

180106 was certainly out last week. I'm looking forward to 104 reappearing, my red pen will be out for it! Annoyingly, it looks like it will be the last one to return.

Captain Chaos

180106 was certainly out last week. I'm looking forward to 104 reappearing, my red pen will be out for it! Annoyingly, it looks like it will be the last one to return.

I will find try and find out for you when 104 is going to be out and about. Someone at the depot will know something I don't. Will keep you posted if I hear anything.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
180106 at this v moment at Didcot P4

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.