FGW 9-coach HST

Discussion in 'Allocations, Diagrams & Timetables' started by vicbury, 15 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicbury

vicbury Member

Travelled on the 08:13 from Bath Spa this morning which was formed of a 9-coach HST (two coach Ks if I remember correctly).

I've never experienced a 9-coach HST before so I presume it's not ideal. I wonder if there were any issues with platform lengths at any stations?

2. CC 72100

CC 72100 Established Member

Was the 'extra' coach in use or was it locked?

9 coach HSTs do happen sometimes, for example to move one coach from one depot to another, or on certain summer trains to Newquay, where I believe they have been used to transport surfboards.

3. vicbury

vicbury Member

I believe the extra Coach K was in use. There was an HST missing Coach K a few days ago so it may be something to do with that.

4. Flamingo

Flamingo Established Member

There would be quite a few stations where having nine passenger coaches in use would be a problem. Usually the 9th coach is on the end and locked out of use for this very reason.

5. David Goddard

David Goddard Established Member

Last Monday there were a number of short formed HSTs so it appears to be a big higgledy at present.

6. CC 72100

CC 72100 Established Member

Did see one earlier that was a 2+7 - 6 standard and one FO. Didn't appear to be any catering vehicle (big buffet or micro buffet) in the set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.