• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW addional 158s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chriso

According to the First great western website the company will be borrowing 11 class 158 units from a sister company until they can lease more of their own. Does anybody know if they will be ex tp express or Scotrail ?

Finaly some good news to come from the west.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

First Transpennine Express - displaced from the Pennine 185s.

g4mby

According to the First great western website the company will be borrowing 11 class 158 units from a sister company until they can lease more of their own. Does anybody know if they will be ex tp express or Scotrail ?

Finaly some good news to come from the west.
As has already been posted they are already here and started arriving last June. According to my records FGW have 14 in service, 158750, 760-769, 776, 778 and 798. So where the figure of 11 comes from I do not know.

[158771 is not with FGW despite several sources showing that it has been transferred]

theblackwatch

Established Member
As has already been posted they are already here and started arriving last June. According to my records FGW have 14 in service, 158750, 760-769, 776, 778 and 798. So where the figure of 11 comes from I do not know.

[158771 is not with FGW despite several sources showing that it has been transferred]

158771 was officially transferred to FGW on TOPS - it has since been transferred back to HT, although in reality it never moved away from Trans Pennine!

Heard today the 158784/90 (Centro Green ex TPE) have moved south (or will be doing) to provide short term cover.

1D53

Established Member
Which means now TPE have lost all of the ex-Central units - the other 2 having gone to Northern a while back.

Hurrah!

Status
Not open for further replies.