• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Complaint

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloogrape

Wow
didnt think id be saying this but ive lodged a complaint towars FGW this morning in writing,

One early morning as i wait for the 8:26 train i see people standing at the Reading side waiting to goto Reading. i think to myself thats odd there here realy early, it was now 8:45 and the people had gone home and i was wondering where the hell my train was and where the annoucment was, so being on the newbury side i looked at notice board and nothing new. went home contacted national rail and got told the trains are not running along the line and that a bus service was in place, first thing i mentioned was where is the sign for people to know this. "oh sir it was put up yesterday" maybe but it isnt there today, i then asked what time the bus would arrive and where.
"every 13 past sir" ok where "just put you on hold...." waited about 3minutes, its down on the main road in the bedwyn side near the narrow road. ok i thought it would be the newbury side being the direction at right outside the station.

walked back over at 8:55 and waited, a lady had been dropped off and i told her there was no trains, she wasnt happy but waited with me. it was now 9:35 and still nothing so i told her if the driver comes to hold him.. id go take a look on the main road and see if it was there of any signs, nothing at all got back and still nothing..

she then decided to ring FGW customer support.. talking to Jane.
after about an hour waiting stil 10:20 another man had come and we waited, at this point Jane was stil saying its on the bedwyn side and that the signs was up and she said sorry.

about 40minutes later more people arrived and we had a talk and thought it would be best to ring again, so the first lady did. talked to Jane again, Jane put us on hold alot longer this time and got back to us with "oh sorry its at the round about" how the hell can a bus stop on a main road round about.. so we walked up there, and the bus went right past us stopping around 400 yards ahead of us. we thought this was a joke. another bus was approaching so i decided to flag the rail bus down and climb aboard at the round about, we got on and headed to newbury. Jane had then rang the lady again to comform the bus stop and we told her we was on it but realy unhappy with the lack of information. she turned around and said the station manager had put them up on the reading side.

not only did this make us angry we was exspected to cross the footpath bridge and check on the other side of the track (wrong direction) to see information. and that there was a black and yellow sign at the bus stop. having drove past the first rail bus i noticed there was NO sign what so ever in the layby.

She had told us we should have gone to reading side and that station manager is doing a fear amount of work to keeping the stations involved. *bollox*

Jane then wanted to talk to me as i was the first person to arrive with the trouble and was offered coupons or discount on my ticket. i told her i have a first class ticket and that it was a season ticket. she replyed ok make a photocopy and send me it with the complaint..

After traveling to newbury i set of to the office and got a form, i then made a photocopy of my ticket and id with photo. it states no photocopy but i will lodge another complaint if they reject my ticket. i am first class and dont exspect to treated like a mug. i have yet to put a stamp on my letter and will be delivering it personaly to glen the manager for aldermaston station and FAO Jane (yes i got her surname but its not right showing it on a forum)

i can happly say i was late at work and most angry with it.
it hasnt stopped me wanting to create the first-rail website nor change my idea of a career with FGW but i dont think enough action was taken that could have been avoided.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Once again, the typicality of the way things work...What if an elderly, disabled passenger, unable to use the footbridge or cross unattended had been there? Were they expected to go onto the other side of the station too? No doubt it would have been something of the lines of 'Yes, it's not our fault' from the help line. Maybe not, but that's far from the point. The information should have been available for all to see, not just in one little location.

bloogrape, get that complaint off ASAP. Follow it up if nothing happens. I waited 3 months for a reply once, although that ended up, with the help of the Royal Mail not delivering my mail, helping me to get something out of it (long, complicated story, not repeating it here). Don't expect anything back very soon though.

First Class Season Ticket holder, I trust you've got a monthly or longer one? And you're a Forward member? Just curious. Must be expensive though!

If I had a pound coin for everytime First screwed a passenger over, I'd be permanently in FC on my travels I reckon. I'd get a few of those forms in stock at home, now there's nothing but First in terms of rail in the South West (apart from a few SWT and VXC services), you'll need them.

richa2002

Established Member
Sorry to be moody but could you (Bloogrape) please type in the way you would write an English essay. Using capital letters and proper punctuation etc.

bloogrape

WSXFan said:
First Class Season Ticket holder, I trust you've got a monthly or longer one? And you're a Forward member? Just curious. Must be expensive though!

Aldermaston - Newbury
1st Class
4 Weeks £95.30

1st Class
7 Days £24.80

Yes i got the 4week ticket.

i have had to sit in standard class twice in one month due to overseated in first class of kids because the ticket inspecter was being nice to them. and on a return journey the door simpley wouldnt open even tho i tryed to brute force it nothing.
--- edited ---
Richard Armstrong said:
Sorry to be moody but could you (Bloogrape) please type in the way you would write an English essay. Using capital letters and proper punctuation etc.
Erm No! if you can read it there is no need to rewrite. you crumpy git :>

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
bloogrape said:
Erm No! if you can read it there is no need to rewrite. you crumpy git :>

Excuse me sir, we'll have none of that thankyou ;) And to be fair, he has got a point - it is a rule of this forum to use standard english and punctuation. I do understand your anger though. First really messed up here!

ChrisM

I have read and re-read your story and can't believe you stood there for over 2 1/2 hours waiting:dontknow: :D not sure where you were waiting either.

You will be lucky if you get a reply at all i had to complain about one of there so called revenue protection officers for slander and false allagations and 3 and a half years later im still waiting there reply.
The man treated me like scum and got away with it :mumum: :violent3: :protest: :boxing:

Craig

Established Member
117305 said:
The man treated me like scum and got away with it :mumum: :violent3: :protest: :boxing:
I heard he was promoted after they received your complaint... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.