• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW December Timetable now available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Ooh, that run to Cardiff via BTM in the mornings now goes onto Swansea...No BTM - Swansea HST though as a result...0527 off Paddington to Swansea is quite interesting though! Looks to be a HST now too, vice the booked 180 that it was when I did it!

Cutting the 1515 back at Cardiff vice Swansea will be interesting...That run is always well loaded off Cardiff!

A regular SO 0813 off Swansea to Carmarthen should be interesting!

1630 Paddington - Paignton via Weston-super-Mare should be interesting too!

MY LORDZ! The South Wales Main Line is open on Sundays for some amount of the timetable! Until the end of March it appears *Faints*

I've only looked at the Bristol, South Wales and Cheltenham timetable for now, things don't look too different to be honest! 3h40m to do Swansea to Paddington on Saturday mornings though, an additional 8 minutes to current times, not so good.

I might be tempted to browse the rest at some point, but for now things look reasonable. The loss of the 0440 off Cardiff is one I don't want to see though!

devon_metro

Established Member
WSXfan said:
1630 Paddington - Paignton via Weston-super-Mare should be interesting too!

Didn't spot that one. Paignton seems to be serving Padd now with the 07:38 Padd-Pgn, sadly Via Bristol and then the 14:15 PGN-PADD. Although the branches are suffering and the services down to Cornwall seem pretty sparce with the 07:47 off NA ex Cardiff now coming from Exmouth! No doubt a stupid pile of junk. (I mean 150)

Coxster

Established Member
Farnborough still has the old hourly service on the NDL (which is fine really!) however all stoppers go to at least Redhill rather than every second one only going as far as Shalford which is good and should you wish to travel onto Gatwick from a station only served by stoppers then you only have to wait a short while for the following Turbo (if there are no Southern services about).

Overall very little change on the North Downs line but what has changed is good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.