• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

fgw gateline interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven5404

Hi guys this is my first post and I am just wondering whether anyone has had an interview with first great western for a gateline position? I'm asking as I have an interview tommorow and would like to know what to expect, thanks for any information you may have steve

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

steven5404

I've read up a lot on the company and know a lot about their goals what their expecting from their staff. The reason I have posted it so late on this site is because I've only just discovered it.

LCC106

Established Member
Can't help you personally as I'm not gateline and have never applied for it, but go back to the main rail jobs / careers page and in the top right hand side you should be able to search for gateline - may find loads of info by searching other threads... Good luck though and let us know how you get on.

Urban Gateline

Established Member
I'm Gateline for SWT so the questions they ask may be slightly different to those of FGW, but the focus is mainly on seeing how customer focussed you are, if you can work under pressure, how you deal with a difficult passenger. The questions are mainly situational (give an example of when....etc)

I also got asked to name some safety hazards in a station and how I would get to work for an early start. For me it took under 30mins and it was done, not sure about FGW, I had my interview with the local station management.

Status
Not open for further replies.