• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Jubilee livery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IanXC

Emeritus Moderator
I know what you mean!

I think the silver 67 still has the best Jubilee livery, although I've not seen any others. Maybe in time we can have a poll!!

sprinterguy

Established Member
The other Golden Jubilee liveries (and the FGW one) are already being discussed in this thread: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blue-diesels/2304155117/in/set-72157604142616475

Personally, I think they're all pretty dire (Except for the 67, which isn't discussed in that thread, but another silver 67 is hardly original). Certainly not a jot on the two Stratford 47s that were turned out for the Silver Jubilee.

moonrakerz

Why do practically all logos and the like have to have bits in them that appear to have been "designed" at the local pre-school playgroup ?

Ten out of ten for the "sign writing" - the rest of it just ruins the whole thing..........:cry:

fgwrich

Established Member
Actually, the FGW HST power car reminds me more as if it had been designed by M&S :lol:

But i'll agree, neither version is totally inspiring though as you say Sprinter Guy, another silver 67 is hardly original...But i think we can all agree that the NX version is the cheapest and the worst!

SprinterMan

Established Member
You can vote for your favourite in this poll: http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=64747

Actually, the FGW HST power car reminds me more as if it had been designed by M&S :lol:

But i'll agree, neither version is totally inspiring though as you say Sprinter Guy, another silver 67 is hardly original...But i think we can all agree that the NX version is the cheapest and the worst!
If by NX you mean the c2c one then I agree completely :)

starrymarkb

Established Member
Why do practically all logos and the like have to have bits in them that appear to have been "designed" at the local pre-school playgroup ?

Ten out of ten for the "sign writing" - the rest of it just ruins the whole thing..........:cry:

We were discussing this in the pub earlier, we hope the Jubilee logo (which isn't just on the trains) is the result of a genuine children's competition prize and not designed by a fancy designer!

Edit: it was a Blue Peter competition which a 10 year old from Chester won

moonrakerz

Edit: it was a Blue Peter competition which a 10 year old from Chester won

Why ? Instead of getting someone like Sir Norman Foster to design our bridges, why don't we have a Blue Peter competition for the new Forth Road Bridge ?

In our mania for "inclusivism" (or something like that) in so many walks of life we get what we deserve - junk !

I daresay that I will now get lots of comments about my being nasty to 10 year olds :roll::roll:

Hydro

Established Member
Looks like the old Fox's Classic wrapper. Bloody awful.

When will people learn that logos and liveries (I'm looking at you, GBRf) designed by children are always AWFUL? The best this country can show off to the rest of the world of the "Jubilee brand" (I just died a little inside using that terminology) is a logo designed by a ten year old? It's hard enough to get a professional grown up graphics designer to create anything worthwhile (q.v. London 2012 logo, or "Lisa Simpson Performing Fellatio") without resorting to something that a parent would stick on a fridge for a day and then discreetly slip into the bin.

43021HST

Established Member
Why ? Instead of getting someone like Sir Norman Foster to design our bridges, why don't we have a Blue Peter competition for the new Forth Road Bridge ?

In our mania for "inclusivism" (or something like that) in so many walks of life we get what we deserve - junk !

I daresay that I will now get lots of comments about my being nasty to 10 year olds :roll::roll:

I think what you were referring to there is 'individualism', personally I cant stand it because I have seen the full effects of it.

Actually I quite appreciate your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.