• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW New Ticket Barriers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any developments of when barriers will be operational at Didcot Parkway, Newbury, Gloucester etc as I see jobs are currently being advertised.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Winchcombe

Barriers at Newbury have been operational for a few weeks now - they seem to have come in with a nice new cream paint job and tidy up for the canopy etc replacing some very tired NSE blue.

D2022

Will this include chippenham? Always wondered why it hasn't got them when Swindon and Bath Spa do.

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Didcot has been operational for quite a few weeks now, as well.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I'm sure I read in RAIL in summer that Cheltenham Spa was due to be gated around wintertime too.

Flamingo

Established Member
Cheltenham will have them soon as well <D They were well on the way last week when I was passing through

12CSVT

Established Member
Do the gates at Didcot affect access to Didcot Railway Centre ?

W-on-Sea

Established Member
Do the gates at Didcot affect access to Didcot Railway Centre ?

Essentially, I think the answer has to be "yes", as the gates cover the entire width of the subway. I presume it's simply a question of asking the barrier staff to let you through, if you're visiting at a time when the gates are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.