• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Penzance Qualified Driver Jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

navydavy1968

Hi Guys and Gals,
Just doing a bit of research for Penzance.
I (and the wife) quite fancy it (and even though the routes and diagrams are fairly 'limited' I'd still be happy doing it)

What I don't want to do is put an app in and then wait for 12 months while they decide what to do. I've got plans that will probably come to fruition before then.

So anyone on here know how many people they need and whats the chances of a quick interview etc. Long shot I know but someone on here may have a clue.

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

30 common

Railway recruitment isn't know for is speed. Saying that though I just had an excellent experience with LOROL's recruitment program. Very efficient, maybe someone else with experience with FGW could shed some light on their process.

navydavy1968

Sorry I should say this is for qualified driver post. I'm hoping (not holding breath) that things might go a bit quicker depending on how badly they need drivers.
As OP said, anyone from that neck of the wood's opinion welcomed!

Mintona

Established Member
I recently joined FGW as a qualified driver, it was approximately 4 months between sending my application form and my start date, so all pretty quick compared to the trainee posts. It was a 'west' depot but not Penzance, so I don't know what it'd be like exactly down there.

DaveCheeseman

Hi Guys and Gals,
Just doing a bit of research for Penzance.
I (and the wife) quite fancy it (and even though the routes and diagrams are fairly 'limited' I'd still be happy doing it)

What I don't want to do is put an app in and then wait for 12 months while they decide what to do. I've got plans that will probably come to fruition before then.

So anyone on here know how many people they need and whats the chances of a quick interview etc. Long shot I know but someone on here may have a clue.

Thanks in advance

I applied in October last year when they were advertising the same vacancies. I got an acknowlemeant and have been on hold ever since. As I understand it there aren't any actual vacancies at present and they are building a talent pool but to be fair it does state that on their latest job adverts.... they failed to mention this in their adverts last autumn.

Quite how many people they want to have in this talent pool is beyond me. I have now, after 6 months found a job with a TOC that hasn't wasted my time for 6 months. Anyone thinking of FGW, particularly Penzance must mean a relocation which in itself is a huge decision/commitment. I wouldn't waste your time with them... unless of course you want to put your life on hold for god knows how long.

It probably sounds like sour grapes bit I've been driving for 10 years, clean licence and still fairly young. Either they've got jobs or they haven't.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
One other thing, once you have applied, which you need to do on their website, when you log in to look at your application there is an option to withdraw your application ... I think that says it all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.