• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW seating plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squaddie

On this FGW seating map, what do the pink seats indicate? There's no key on the diagram itself, and I can't find another map online.

(I've been allocated Coach L Seat 10 for a forthcoming journey, and am curious what I might find opposite me!)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Squaddie

This better version of the document here says that the pink seats cannot be reserved.
I can see why the pink seats on that map cannot be reserved, as they are at the ends of each carriage and probably designated for use by passengers with restricted mobility. But the pink seats on the map I initially linked to seem so random.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I can see why the pink seats on that map cannot be reserved, as they are at the ends of each carriage and probably designated for use by passengers with restricted mobility. But the pink seats on the map I initially linked to seem so random.

Unless it's the extra seats in the high density sets which can not be reserved in case a low density set is used on that service?

For example, Coach A on the Low-Dense has no seats between 45 & 52, hence they are pink on the High-dense coach

(Similar to XC who coach D on 5-car 221s are unreserved in case a 4-car 220 is used?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.