• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Sleeper cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Apparently the FGW sleeper was cancelled last night!
:shock:
What would happen to passengers who had berths? :? Where would they spend the night? Is this common?

The next train would be a long wait.

http://www.livedepartureboards.co.uk/ldb/train.aspx?T=PADTON+&J=2516474&R=0

cancelled.gif

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I wonder why. I don't think it is a regular accurance, or, i should hope not

Jim :shock:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Meanwhile, Pendolinos are dropping like flies today (sadly that IS a regular occurance :( ).

At least two Manchester-London trains are showing as cancelled, and that's their most popular/crowded route!

The fares between Manchester and London are astronomical for the distance.

Nevermind, the SRA will be happy that the services were cancelled rather than have Class 87s on lease. (Can't blame Virgin for that - it's down to the SRA).

jonb

Established Member
Possibly because of a problem with the 57 allocated. At the moment 57604 is undergoing reapr at Laira.

Simming

they had 4 57s, at the moment 604 is undergoing repair, laira boys had a spin, :roll:

they had a Spoon hired in, to cover for one of the 57 diagrams, which is bringing, and taking the sleeper in and out of paddington, and the 47 is doing this diagram, as it has no ETH. they also need 2 for the bedzz, and they have the spare one for stock movements, and thunderturd duties.

Its has been cancelled on other nights, and some nights its a HST vice Bedzz

clagmonster

Established Member
Good to see that it is all shacks now! Does the eastbound one do this aswell? If so then it is convenient for bashing 57s. I think that putting a HST out is a good idea in an emergancy but to cancel the service is appalling. Even using an HST there would be a spare at Laira to replace it. Anyway, if 57604 is out of service that still leaves 3. I would imagine a problem with a set of stock if cancelations and trams a regular.

Julian G

Established Member
a HST power car can haul the sleepers like what it did last year when it went to Waterloo? :)

T

Tom

I do think that when HST2 comes, the old HST could be used for sleeper services to virtually everywhere!

Simming

A HST has Never halued the bedz, unless it was a back-to-back drag, emgerency, or a whole set push the bedz.

And whats the point of using HSTs, The Sleeper is already held back to delay it, it doesn't need high speeds

jonb

Established Member
Thats right 47840 is on 'Temporary lease' to FGW to take the ECS from Paddington to Old Oak and Vice Versa. However this 47 cannot operate the Sleeper because its only cleared between paddington and OOC

clagmonster

Established Member
I know that a pair of back to back power cars one worked the ecs in from Old Oak.
Also, last Auguat bank holiday a HST worked the service out of Waterloo.

jdjonnay

can Back to back PCs provide ETH? I've got a feeling that they don't have a fitting for it from the front end... though don't quote me on that though!

It's also a bit dodgy ripping 2 PCs off a hst set at Penzance, as they don't have any spare rakes down there. Hence meaning that in the morning the yard manager would have a bit of a headache wondering why he's got a set of coaches but no power cars. Hence meaning that laira would have to send two down - if they have any working ones about (rare).

Jon

Simming

They could do it at OOC, they are sure to have a set lying around there somewhere.

HSTs Noises have a ETH jumper, used when a Loco, like a 57, couples up, its can provide ETH to the HST set, so im sure it will work vicea versa

jdjonnay

Simming said:
They could do it at OOC, they are sure to have a set lying around there somewhere.

Penzance to Padd sleeper?

If long rock break the 57 and their hammer can't fix it, can't really see them running 2 back to back PCs as 0z?? from Paddington to Penzance to work it :lol:

Jon

jdjonnay

OOC would just use whatever would do the ecs (unless it was 47840 with no ecs). Either that or something sensible like use the gronk. ( ;) )

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.