• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Trainee Conductor Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex595

I have a telephone interview as a result for applying for the Trainee Conductor at Redhill for FGW Wondered if anyone could give some examples of questions they may ask?

Apologies for the header, Spelt Conduction wrong

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A-driver

Established Member
I have a telephone interview as a result for applying for the Trainee Conductor at Redhill for FCC. Wondered if anyone could give some examples of questions they may ask?

Apologies for the header, Spelt Conduction wrong

Possibly make sure you get their company name right and ensure you know which TOC you have applied for before the interview!

You havnt applied for a conductor role with FCC at redhill, at a guess you have applied for a First Great Western conductor role at redhill or possible southern?

alex595

Thanks for that. It makes sense now. I was a bit confused when I wrote and thought I had got the company wrong.
You are correct it was FGW

Broon511

I'm in the same boat as you and I have researched the crap out of it.

All I could find was a few people saying it'll be customers service focused and a hints and tips section on FGW's careers website...

https://uk.firstgroupcareers.com/howtoapply/tips/

Plus it can't hurt to think of a few competency questions and answers can it?

All the best and good luck alex595.

NX

I'm not being funny mate, but really you need to know which company your applying to as a complete basic starting point !

I'd hazard a guess it's FGW at Redhill you've applied for, as they've been recruiting lately.

There will be people who have researched the hell out of the role, company and location believe me. At this point there are still 100s of applicants, you really need to red hot with your knowledge and competence questions.

No one on here who values their own future career will openly say this is what they ask you.

Think about the role, the key responsibilities and then think about what type of positive indicators they will be looking for.

Good Luck

NX

TheWalrus

Established Member
They will probably ask for an example of when you have given good customer service and an example of when you have had to persuade someone to see your point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.