• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW/VoloTV carriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Good news everyone, the VoloTV carriage is out and in service!

I rode in it this afternoon on the 1655 Cardiff to Paddington, as far as Newport. Managed to see most (20+) of an episode of Little Britain, didn't have time to watch The Railway Children!

Currently, there is not much on it, but I did find it enjoyable. The seats, although they look uncomfortable, are actually quite nice. Thankfully also there is a drinks holder between the seats-in-front backs (if that doesn't make sense, let me know) on the airline seats. Note that there are not screens on the seats-around-tables.

I'd show you all a picture, just I could NOT get any AA Duracell Ultra M3s from any shop within 10 minutes of Cardiff Central! Not even the camera shop I found did! They are the only batteries guarenteed to last more than 2 seconds in my camera, Duracell Ultra do NOT last, I know this, I have tried that before. Come to think of it, the Energizer Ultras at Spar, Cardiff Central may have done it, d'oh! However, I now have new rechargeable AA batteries, the first pair being charged tonight.

As soon as I get a picture, I'll post it.

Anyway, I WILL say it is highly worth trying out, especially as it is FREE at this moment in time, during the trial period. I do want to know what the traincam will be mind...

For those interested, the carriage is 42076, a Coach D.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Seth said:
The same article can be seen HERE
I did post mine before you posted it there.

At least, so far (I might be tempting fate), in my thread there are no anti-First Group postings.

*Waits for the chavs to find this thread and send it to the forum in the sky*

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Good thing I'm not a moderator...

Sorry if I sounded rude before Seth, just wanted to make that clear really.

I will say this though to Chaz and Marv (plus all those other First Group haters):

I don't want to read posts on a forum with people like you on it. Take you bias against FGW and First as a whole away or I'll make like a HST off Reading and fly off from here.

Guinness

Established Member
FGWFan said:
Good thing I'm not a moderator...

Sorry if I sounded rude before Seth, just wanted to make that clear really.

I will say this though to Chaz and Marv (plus all those other First Group haters):

I don't want to read posts on a forum with people like you on it. Take you bias against FGW and First as a whole away or I'll make like a HST off Reading and fly off from here.

If you really want me too... I can leave.

Simming

but to be fair thats just one driver, not a companie. If that was stagecoach, would it be hate everything Stagecoach?

Although I cant say much, my first Voyager failed before I went on it, and from that day on ive hated Vermin with a Passion

Guinness

Established Member
FGWFan [url said:
http://www.railuk.org/hst/viewtopic.php?t=479][/url]

Seem as I was the only person who spoke against First I must be the 'Chav'. Theres your evidence as you know want 'Certain Individuals' to provide, Seth.

Met Driver

Established Member
Chaz said:
FGWFan [url said:
http://www.railuk.org/hst/viewtopic.php?t=479][/url]

Seem as I was the only person who spoke against First I must be the 'Chav'. Theres your evidence as you know want 'Certain Individuals' to provide, Seth.

I don't see your name mentioned in that piece of text, so as far as I'm concerned, you were not being directly referred to as a "Chav".

I think it's time I put the padlock on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.