• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW website search facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fgwrich

Established Member
Nope, not working for me either - And all i typed in was Night Rivera Sleeper & Reading Station.

Sorry FGW, but your last website update was a disaster, the previous website was much better to navigate, worked all the time and didnt look a complete and utter mess - thanks to all the info coming up from the bottom. Not an improvement at all...

The FGW Androis smartphone app is very good and seems to be a rework of the XC app.

It is now my first choice search app, even at home. Found some amazing ticket deals in there too!

Not using the full websites anymore.

C

fgwrich

Established Member
The FGW Androis smartphone app is very good and seems to be a rework of the XC app.

It is now my first choice search app, even at home. Found some amazing ticket deals in there too!

C

Despite being virtually the same, i prefer First Capital Connects andriod app to FGWs, slightly easier to use and FCCs makes FGWs looks rather dull.

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
245 results?

I can even get a result for 'sandwich'.

CC 72100

Established Member

C

I tend to use the XC app when out and about. Really useful when not tied to a specific train or on a rover ticket, as plans can change on the day and the real time info helps to make a decision on this one. I've got both XC and FGW apps, although considering they're pretty much the same (I don't buy tickets on my phone), I'm not sure why! :p

OxtedL

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
The website was never not working for me.

Adding words and phrases individually would be far too inefficient for any website tech person today to actually consider it a viable option, particularly if they are being paid tonnes to sort it out.

Maybe the problem was that it wasn't looking through the whole website (if there ever was one).

Status
Not open for further replies.