• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW win the franchise! (Gladly helped by Doctor Who)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

In episode 11, the Doctor handily visited Cardiff in September 2006. In the picture we saw various FGW trains, so FGW win that franchise...

In episode 12, Bad Wolf, in one shot, a SWT liveried unit was seen (so SWT still have the franchise in year 200, 100?!), it was an Mk1, so we are happy to say, that one of the Lymington CIGs will be repainted into SWT livery (again!) and ran on the line. Good ta know the slammers last so long!

:mrgreen:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Coxster

Established Member
Yeah, I was pleased to see the Slammer. Must've been going fairly fast because it was quite blurred.

T

Tom

Was pretty nice to see it, maybe I'll time travel into the future and see the slammer...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I was seriously hoping for a franchise confirmation there...

Doctor Who, well let's not venture my opinions on that. Suffice to say I don't watch it, for reasons I'd rather not post.

I can give you a clue:

:roll:

Coxster

Established Member
joeholmes said:
Whaaaaa im confused man!!
In simple terms for you mate, we are talking about when trains appeared in the new series of Doctor Who when he travelled hundreds of years after 2005 and saw a slammer. Also next year (2206) when FGW trains were seen at Cardiff.

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
well thats annoyed me! I thought you were confirming the franchise holder for definate then!

Status
Not open for further replies.