• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW's new refurbishment for HSTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

tompimped1253fy.png

Leaked from Swindow, plans for the HST's if First win Greater Western, image from Train-Chat.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
I take it FGW called in West Coast Customs eh? :lol: Does it have a flip down TFT in the cab as well? :lol:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Insane...That is, whoever came up with that...

And people think the FGW livery is bad...

That image from Train-Chat just takes the biscuit.

Yes, I have a bad sense of humour. Tough S. I just don't like the fact some moron has the free time to come up with that BS.

David

Established Member
Would make H-O interesting though. 0-60 in 10 seconds for a HST. Count me in :lol:

Met Driver

Established Member
FGWFan said:

Yes, I have a bad sense of humour. Tough S. I just don't like the fact some moron has the free time to come up with that BS.

:shock: Lighten up, FGWFan! It's a bit of harmless fun!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
Harry Potter said:
Would make H-O interesting though. 0-60 in 10 seconds for a HST. Count me in :lol:

125mph in about 20secs then... wow! count me in also!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Seth said:
FGWFan said:

:shock: Lighten up, FGWFan! It's a bit of harmless fun!

Meh. I don't see how it's funny or fun or anything!

Lighten up? Me? You sure you met me on the Malverns HST meet?

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Hey guys, new lad here, I see you've found the Pimped HST power car that me and spm_43030 posted on another forum ;).

I drew the original pimped up power car and spm_43030 coloured it. It was all for a little bit of fun!

Joeholmes, the guard's compartment doors have been replaced with giant speakers for that badboy beat while on the "cruise" down the GWML :lol:.

I certainly wouldnt mind seeing what it can do if it was really done up like that! :D

Me and spm also pimped a 142:
pimpeddonkey4yt.png

What do you guys think?

PS 50049 in my siggy was also done by me ;)

Guinness

Established Member
50149 said:
Hey guys, new lad here, I see you've found the Pimped HST power car that me and spm_43030 posted on another forum ;).

I drew the original pimped up power car and spm_43030 coloured it. It was all for a little bit of fun!

Joeholmes, the guard's compartment doors have been replaced with giant speakers for that badboy beat while on the "cruise" down the GWML :lol:.

I certainly wouldnt mind seeing what it can do if it was really done up like that! :D

Me and spm also pimped a 142:
pimpeddonkey4yt.png

What do you guys think?

PS 50049 in my siggy was also done by me ;)

Bloody Brilliant! :D

Sprog

Established Member
FGWFan said:

Howdy all.

Im abit dismaid, ive only just dug this thread up whilst searching through the Forum. (im abit of a newbie).

Yes, it was '50149' and me who created the 'PIMPED' Class 43 and then went on to do the Pacer as a special request from members on 'rail-chat' forum. (the fact that the FGW fag packet P/C is numbered 43030 and my user name is 43030 is further proof.)

I hardly think that thats ^ fair 'FGWfan'. The pimped HST isnt sposed to be 'anti-First' or HST or what not. If theres anyone who is more of a fan of HSTs and FGW, it is me . We should be onside, not visa-versa. And i dont really apreciate being called a morn. I should imagine that 50149 feels the same way, but is to polite to post it on here. It was simply abit of fun.

For more of our 'rail drawings and the original 'PIMPED UP 125' post on rail-chat, click here: http://www.railchat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1279

Just for the fun of it: <D ;)

PIMPED HST SPECIFICATION

- New mtu V16 turbo-charged power unit, with electronic engine managment computer, high-performance components, and additional 'racing-kit'

- 'NOS' or Nitrous Oxide storage tank and turbo accelerator

- Chrome 'growler' over-size silencer

- Rear poly-carbonate Spoiler and front nose-skirt with air diffuser to increase 'rail adhesion' and improve aero-dynamicy.

- Lowered and modified suspension to improve ride, and 'Neon' under-body track-illuminating lights.

- High-tech 'sound-system' with high-output Sub-woofers and surround sound, 10 CD changer and amp, in the place of original gaurds/luggage area.

- Tinted windows, to reduce glare, along with cab enhancments for the driver, including Racing-quality 'bucket' driver and second-man seats, new 'Sub-Zero' cab air con system, chrome fixtures and fittings and LED switches and lights.

- New light clusters, incorperating high-intensity Headlights and LED marker and tail lights.

- New 6-tone horn, with 12 pre-set 'tunes', including favorites, such as-'how much is that doggy in the window' and the 'the clap-clap England chant'

- New 'wow' factor paintscheme, including the First flying 'f' logo

8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

Thanks. :)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Again, further to the PM reply, apologies. It's a trend of mine to be in a mood, more so to post moody posts whilst in such a mood.

You'll probably also note my sense of humour is twisted, but not enough to find that funny. OK, I lie. It was a little amusing. It's actually make me laugh a little at this moment in time!

So we have another (4th one now!) HST fan! That's good news. Second FGW fan. Even better!

Again, apologies to both of you for my post. Unfair it seems now. I guess NOS would be cool, it would help recover from delays!

Sprog

Established Member
Ty :D Thats ok m8. Ahh, yes, regarding your PM HSTfan, im on several rail forums, aswell as this one and railwayscene. Which is actually down at the mo :cry: :cry:.

Its really sposed to be a statement against how pathetic chavs are <D . Its also a micky-take of that program on MTV, 'pimp my ride' :roll: :roll:

I can imagine some stupid chav druelling over the site of our customised HST and nodding donkey! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

16CSVT2700

Established Member
FGWFan said:
So we have another (4th one now!) HST fan! That's good news. Second FGW fan. Even better!

Make that a 5th HST fan and a 3rd FGW fan ;)

Although HSTs come second to the almighty Hoovers :D

Techniquest

Veteran Member
lol.

Good to hear it 50149! At least there's three of us now! :D

spm_43030, I wondered where the idea of the pimped HST came from, I had removed all memory of 'Pimp My Ride' from my memory, I hate it. I can picture your revamped 43 at Reading, with the RA, the driver flicks the NOS switch to on, then the NOS unfolds from the sides and go into full power...Reading to Didcot Parkway in 15 minutes? More like 5!

HSTfan!!!

Established Member
FGWFan said:
I had removed all memory of 'Pimp My Ride' from my memory, I hate it.

What.... Pimp my ride is "bling-ing" it is quite funny I find! I mean some of the stuff that west coast customs come out with is just ridiculous! but some stuff you think.... wow cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.