• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fife Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Note: for anyone arriving here on a Google search, you are best off reading the Circular Services thread.

In case anyone is wondering here is my view on the Fife Circle issue, part of a 113 post thread with plenty of debate about circular services which I'd recommend anyone who is curious and hasn't already read it, gives it a read as the chances are that any further questions on the subject have already been debated/answered there :)

I should point out (in detail) that easement 600006 states that people with tickets for stations Rosyth-Lochgelly inclusive may NOT travel via Kirkcaldy. Easement 600010 states that people with tickets for stations Dalgety Bay-Kirkcaldy inclusive may NOT travel via Dunfermline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eagle

Established Member
I should point out (in detail) that easement 600006 states that people with tickets for stations Rosyth-Lochgelly inclusive may NOT travel via Kirkcaldy. Easement 600010 states that people with tickets for stations Dalgety Bay-Kirkcaldy inclusive may NOT travel via Dunfermline.

Whether or not the direct train rule supersedes this is up for debate; but I wouldn't chance it. Use a Glenrothes ticket.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Anyone care to be awesome and work out the total milage ?

You?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Whether or not the direct train rule supersedes this is up for debate; but I wouldn't chance it. Use a Glenrothes ticket.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

You?

Aye, I've heard talk of that in the past..

However, it sounds like the OP is on an ALR, so this shouldn't be an issue.

scotsman

Established Member

It's not advertised to the public, so unenforcable. Members of this forum who work those services have said that using Rosyth tickets are valid to use around the circle, provided you don't break your journey.

scotsman

Established Member
In what way is it not advertised to the public? It's a part of the publicly-available Routeing Guide, which is referenced several times in the CoC.

It's not something that the public can be reasonably expected to consult for a simple journey, with what appears an obvious route. Many people going to Dunfermline from Aberdour get a circle service, rather than chainging at Inverkeithing.

Eagle

Established Member
It's not something that the public can be reasonably expected to consult for a simple journey...

Well I could say that about any part of the Routeing Guide. By your flawed logic, the whole RG is unenforceable. Reasonable expectation doesn't come into it; all passengers have agreed to the NRCoC, which mandates obeying the RG.

As for Dunfermline to Aberdour, that's not what the easement is forbidding; it's forbidding round-the-circle journeys from south of Inverkeithing.

Status
Not open for further replies.