• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Filming at Crewe this weekend. Need advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azzawba92

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone can help with a question I have. I've been to Crewe once before roughly same time last year but was confined to the platforms all night which meant missing all the freight. Now I know there's a spot just outside the station which I believe is in a DBC car park opposite crewe alaxandra as they go into the tunnel. Would they have issues with people filming there? As don't wanna turn up & get told off haha

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

the sniper

Established Member
Someone noticed loitering in the staff car park in the middle of the night would be likely to attract a visit by the BTP at some point. I can't recall how far down that road the no public access/trespass signs are though, as presumably the area around what is now the rail replacement bus waiting room is permanently publicly accessible.

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Since no one else has answered *I just knew that would make someone else answer first :) I (who have not spent time at Crewe taking pictures of trains since 1971) will offer the generic advice that it is always safer when intending to take photographs from private property to ask for permission. Often (but alas not always) when the person dealing with the request understands that it is not for commercial gain, this will be approved, but if you ask and are told “Sorry, but no” then it would not be a good idea to carry on regardless.

I’m not sure who ‘DBC’ is referring to, but if it’s a Council car park you are wanting to film from, you might stand a better chance than if it’s privately run.

Another possibility is that if there is 24 hour security in the car park, you might blag your way in by explaining what you want to do to the person on duty who may well be bored and willing to humour you if you look harmless. It does no harm to carry ID and to be keen to show your previous efforts filming trains on your phone.

Azzawba92

It's the car park immediately to the left after coming out Crewe station & it's got the old ews logo out front i think. The spot is near enough opposite Crewe Alaxandra's ground. The lines that bypass the station under the tunnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.