• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Filming Permit

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeobrien02

I was planning to make a video at waterloo station. Which would require me to spend a day around the station filming aspects of daily life.

My question is would it be possible to get a filming permit from network rail and how much would it cost?

this is not for commercial use and just a private project.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Just sign in at the Network Rail reception desk explaining that it's private enthusiast photography / video-ing. Won't cost you anything.

Might be different if you're planning to include people in it though ( which your wording suggests ) so it might be worth going along in advance and talking to them to explain what exactly you want to do and then agree a date for it rather than just turning up on the day.

rebmcr

Established Member
I believe the permit is not too expensive (a few hundred quid)... compared to the public liability insurance that they'd require you to have.

CarltonA

There is an old film on show in the station hall at the NRM in York. It shows a day in the life of Waterloo Station. Things have changed a bit since it was made (early sixties I think). It would be interesting to create a modern version for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.