• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Films you've seen/film discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

backontrack

Established Member
Simple, really. Take the last movie you watched, rate it out of 5 (or 10, if you want to), and give it a one-line description. I'll begin.

The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (2001, directed by & starring Woody Allen, with Helen Hunt)
An American insurance executive is hypnotised over the phone into stealing jewels from his clients. 3/5

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
Inkheart.
It's about someone having a magical abilliy to read characters in a book into the real world.... but with terrible consequences.
Not bad I'll rate it 4/5.

I also recently saw Divergent and Insurgent.
These are about a single city in the future where factions are assigned to people, 1/5.

And Star Wars 7 last week, about a stormtrooper and a woman on a scrap heap becoming important to fight the darkside, despite my concerns it's okay, 4/5.

Last edited by a moderator:

NY Yankee

The last movie I've seen in a theatre was X Men: Days of Future Past

The last movie I've seen was The Wrestler. It's about a washed up wrestler who struggles to overcome his inner demons.

DaleCooper

Established Member
This is a good idea although as I usually watch a DVD every night it could keep me busy.

I'm going to rate out of 10 like IMDB

Sunday - Shadowboxer 7.0
Yesterday - Hot Fuzz 6.0

Gutfright

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun (but I did find out what a 'Mary Sue' is). 4/5

backontrack

Established Member
This is a good idea although as I usually watch a DVD every night it could keep me busy.

I'm going to rate out of 10 like IMDB

Sunday - Shadowboxer 7.0
Yesterday - Hot Fuzz 6.0

We watch a classic film every Saturday, although that last one was completely new for us.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Seven - via my Amazon Prime

last Cinema film: London has fallen. Terrible yet so bad it was almost good! Almost.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Last Film at Cinema - Star Wars: Force Awakens (I got tickets for the opening night!) 10/10

Last Film Watched on TV - Pokemon: The First Movie 10/10

Last Film Watched on VHS/DVD - The Worst Witch 7/10

TheNewNo2

Spectre (James Bond).
Another Bond movie.
I'l give it a 4.5/5.

Really?

Batman vs Superman
A fight between Batman & Superman
4/5

Really?

Anyway, the last movie I saw was Zootropolis on Monday. I rated it 4/5.

So far this year I have watched 23 films. All ratings are out of 5, where 5 is "Excellent", 4 is "Very good", 3 is "Not bad", 2 is "Meh" and 1 is "Dire". 0 means it was so bad I gave up.

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens 4.0
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones 2.0
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith 3.5
Room 4.0
The Hateful Eight 3.5
Joy 4.5
Spotlight 4.0
Deadpool 3.5
Atlantis Down 0.0
American Ultra 3.5
Zoolander 2.5
Zoolander 2 3.5
London Has Fallen 5.0
Sabotage 3.5
Goosebumps 3.0
Grimsby 4.0
Hail, Caesar! 3.5
Insurgent 3.0
10 Cloverfield Lane 4.0
Tomorrowland: A World Beyond 3.5
The Martian 4.5
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice 2.0
Zootropolis 4.0

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
That Grimsby film was not good!
It wasn't even filmed here, it flopped, & it was just poor taste throughout.

telstarbox

Established Member
Absolutely loved The Martian, except the scene with the supercomputer where his laptop flashes up "Calculations Correct" when the rest of the film was vaguely realistic. 5/5.

Thought The Hateful Eight was good rather than great - not as enjoyable or bold as Django Unchained. 3/5.

Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Simple, really. Take the last movie you watched, rate it out of 5 (or 10, if you want to), and give it a one-line description. I'll begin.

The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (2001, directed by & starring Woody Allen, with Helen Hunt, Dan Aykroyd and Charlize Théron)
An American insurance executive is hypnotised over the phone into stealing jewels from his clients. 4.5/5

I note that some people have given their reasons for their verdict of a movie. That would be a more meaningful thing to do than simply describing the plot and giving it a rating.

Give a rating by all means, but explain why you've given a high/low rating at least, and that way it becomes more topical and meaningful. Others may even then be prompted to watch a highly-rated movie with a sound reason.

GrimsbyPacer

Established Member
The reasons I rated then:
Inkheart, 4/5, it was a new concept, it was clever and had action and comedy and peril all in the correct balance, the characters weren't portrayed as typical hero (although the villians were typical), an enjoyable family film.

Divergent and Insurgent, 1/5, it was boring and slow going, the plot of the the film was largely predictable, too much was focused on mind video game stuff, and for a sci-fi it's future is not very plausible, also the Romantic stuff is dull.

Star Wars 7, 4/5, it's got action, and Star Wars signiture scenes throughout, despite it copying some other Star Wars films a bit too much it's fun to watch, my only big dislikes are that the books I liked are trashed, and that JJ Abrams was involved (I hate him for wrecking Star Trek). But this film is worth watching.

ThePannier

I saw London Has Fallen last week, and I thought it was alright. I'd give it a 3/5, but it was one of those films where I struggled to recognise any actors from previous films that I've seen. Needless to say, I don't watch many films. :p

Of all of the films I have seen in the last year or so, The Force Awakens and Spectre would probably rank the highest.

backontrack

Established Member
I note that some people have given their reasons for their verdict of a movie. That would be a more meaningful thing to do than simply describing the plot and giving it a rating.

Give a rating by all means, but explain why you've given a high/low rating at least, and that way it becomes more topical and meaningful. Others may even then be prompted to watch a highly-rated movie with a sound reason.

OK then. I found it (The Curse of the Jade Scorpion) quite funny and interesting.

DaleCooper

Established Member
Absolute Power - Thriller with Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman.

Entertaining but flawed thriller, worth watching but no classic - 6/10

Status
Not open for further replies.