• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finally the bride, not the bridesmaid

Status
Not open for further replies.
To everyone who has offered support and advice over the years on this forum, I want to say a massive thank you. Without your help I don't think I would be in the position I'm in now.

I've found out that after trying for the past 3 years that I've passed all I need to and am now in the pool awaiting a course date.

I've fallen at the hurdles at some point during this journey, without the advice of the comments on here, taking on board the feedback received and tinkering with a few things, I don't think I would have got this far.

So basically a massive thank you to everyone. If you've been knocked back, take it on the chin, research all you can, accept that sometimes it's not necessarily anything you've done but the vast amount of applicants and keep chasing the path you want.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Undiscovered

Only 3 yrs applying?
Were you in a fast track process???

Seriously, congratulations. It's the best job you'll ever do.

JLyons

Good luck secretsquirrel, let’s hope you’re one of the success stories of the talent pools and get on a course

Caad12

Congratulations and I sincerely hope that it all goes well.

Now, if I can crack my day of reckoning at Doncaster I'll be over the moon...

@Stigy this is with southern. Seriously cant stop smiling.

@Undiscovered maybe its because I'm super good? Never know, I could be sat in the pool for 2 years and have to resit the tests again. All joking aside, I'm extremely pleased with the opportunity, looking forward to the next 12 months of gard work.

Just amazing to have this support network, bouncing ideas off each other and giving people a leg up on their chosen journey.

If you have been set back before, it must be tough hearing this all the time (I know, I've been told it time and time again) keep going with it, keep practising and after the luck of the initial shift you should be capable of smashing the assessments.

I'm hoping that this is an incredible experience regardless.

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.