• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Find the train service

Status
Not open for further replies.

b0b

Established Member
I need help finding a rail service/station where:

All trains travel between the 2 same terminii; and
the train service has a regular "clock face" service; ie. same time every hour; and
the service has no "fast" trains; ie, trains that skip some intermediate service..

suggestions please!

(this is not technically a quiz with a winner, but this forum seemed the best bet)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Welshman

Established Member
Would Wallasey Village or Wallasey Grove Rd on the Liverool-New Brighton line meet your requirements?
The Merseyrail timetable is almost "clockface" and all trains are all-stoppers.

Crossover

Established Member
Brunstane in Scotland springs to mind, though I'm not sure it is directly what you are after.

Southbound all trains go to Newcraighall (next stop)

Northbound during the weekday and Saturday daytimes there is an hourly shuttle to Waverley (next stop) and an hourly service (calling all stops I believe) to Glenrothes with Thornton.

Evenings (Mon-Sat) there is an hourly service (probably to Glenrothes, but I'd have to check to be sure)

Sunday has no service

LE Greys

Established Member
The Victoria and Jubilee Lines should count in normal service, the Waterloo and City might be a bit short. The other lines don't count, multi-branched or some fast services. The Tyne and Wear Metro and Glasgow Underground should not count either, one is multi-branching, the other has no termini.

EM2

Established Member
The Victoria and Jubilee Lines should count in normal service, the Waterloo and City might be a bit short. The other lines don't count, multi-branched or some fast services. The Tyne and Wear Metro and Glasgow Underground should not count either, one is multi-branching, the other has no termini.

Many Victoria line services terminate at Seven Sisters, and I've been on Jubilee Line trains that terminate short of Stanmore

Royston Vasey

Established Member
I need help finding a rail service/station where:

All trains travel between the 2 same terminii; and
the train service has a regular "clock face" service; ie. same time every hour; and
the service has no "fast" trains; ie, trains that skip some intermediate service..

suggestions please!

(this is not technically a quiz with a winner, but this forum seemed the best bet)

The two T&W metro lines should each fit the requirements!

Last edited:

LE Greys

Established Member
Almost all preserved lines with the exception of the GCR, not counting incoming specials.

causton

Established Member
The Watford DC lines Euston-WFJ London Overground should fit the bill nicely, as they actually come on a clockface (the W&C, Jubilee and Victoria vary massively throughout the day, plus the last 2 turn short)

It runs every 20 mins daytime, and every 30 mins from about 8pm-midnight. I don't think any trains run short, but a few trains run from Willesden Junction Low Level up to the North London Line...

(the times aren't perfectly every 20 minutes, but generally they are! As long as the Bakerloo line trains sharing the same track don't get in the way ;) )

Also, as mentioned above, the GOBLIN IIRC runs every 15 mins (was every 30 minutes when I last used it, terrible! Although I did see a Class 172 being tested at the time, which I thought was my train so went to board it and realised it was full of TfL staff :( ) through the day, all the way.

Seacook

No one has yet mentioned:

Stourbridge Town - Stourbridge Junction

Every 10 minutes except at the start and end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.