• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fiona Onasanya: Recall petition successful & Labour hold seat after By-Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

furnessvale

Established Member
His "point" is apparently "only Labour has corrupt politicians". Which is complete nonsense
My point is that some on here seem desparate to link her to the Brexit Party or Conservatives when she is Labour.

Typhoon

Established Member
My point is that some on here seem desparate to link her to the Brexit Party or Conservatives when she is Labour.
She was Labour. (She was expelled last year.)

Can't we agree that all major parties and probably* all minor parties have their pariahs and move on?

* - I can't be bothered checking the various different N. Irish parties. Certainly the liberals had Chris Huhne and at least one SNP MSP has been a naughty boy.

furnessvale

Established Member

Can't we agree that all major parties and probably* all minor parties have their pariahs and move on?

* - I can't be bothered checking the various different N. Irish parties. Certainly the liberals had Chris Huhne and at least one SNP MSP has been a naughty boy.
That's fine by me!

Busaholic

Veteran Member

Don't know about a naughty boy, but ex-MP Natalie McGarry, who represented SNP, was jailed for 18 months in June for embezzlement - a very, very naughty girl!

Typhoon

Established Member
Don't know about a naughty boy, but ex-MP Natalie McGarry, who represented SNP, was jailed for 18 months in June for embezzlement - a very, very naughty girl!
Indeed (I knew there was at least one) and probably more serious than Mark McDonald ("It has been brought to my attention that some of my previous actions have been considered to be inappropriate - where I have believed myself to have been merely humorous or attempting to be friendly, my behaviour might have made others uncomfortable or led them to question my intentions." - this included text messages to women). He had been Children and Early Years Minister.

I wouldn't want to fill this thread up with further examples but further examples there undoubtedly are - from right across the political spectrum.

Source https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41872427

Busaholic

Veteran Member
When the Liberal Party stood alone and had only a handful of MPs they included amongst that select number Jeremy Thorpe, Cyril Smith and Clement Freud. Only one of them ever faced criminal charges of course and was found innocent.

DynamicSpirit

Established Member
His "point" is apparently "only Labour has corrupt politicians". Which is complete nonsense

I think you're misreading it. Looking at the thread history, it looks pretty clear to me from the context that the mention of Labour was by way of pointing out that Onasanya couldn't really join a Conservative cabinet. Look...

She would also fit in perfectly with the rest of the current cabinet, given how many of them have been previously sacked for lying, or being held in contempt of Parliament

While people can dream about the future for this woman the FACT is that she is/was a LABOUR politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.