• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatContr0ller

Hi all,
I have used FIP discounts to travel from UK to Hungary a few months back and went well.
Now I am planning to use coupons to get to Poland and back at the end of the month.
I used international travel to book reservations and recieved them but I have a question that I cant find an answer to in faqs or online.
I am booked on a sleeper from vienna to krakow. I have a coupon for austria and poland but not one for the Czech Republic which the train passes through. I am panicking incase I need but surely IR wouldnt have booked me on a routing where I need a coupon I dont have (I told them which coupons I had)
I have just now ordered a czech coupon but if someone could put my mind at ease or explain to me how this all works (i know about dating boxes) I would be extremely grateful.
TIA

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Yes you need coupons to cover the entire route. A sleeper reservation is separate and only valid with all required coupons. There isn’t a route from Vienna to Krakow just using Austria and Poland.

FatContr0ller

Yes you need coupons to cover the entire route. A sleeper reservation is separate and only valid with all required coupons. There isn’t a route from Vienna to Krakow just using Austria and Poland.
Thanks 87015 - I thought as much as soon as I saw the routing; but thought maybe as a nightjet they had different rules. Lucky I'm just over the two week limit to get a czech coupon sent out to me.

Veteran Member
Thanks 87015 - I thought as much as soon as I saw the routing; but thought maybe as a nightjet they had different rules.
Pedantically, the Krakow sleeper isnt a Nightjet once it leaves Austria, just a conventional Euronight (so jointly run). Only the Berlin portion has NJ stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.