• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP & Komfort Class in Norway

Status
Not open for further replies.

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Off to Bergen in May. Does anyone know if it is possible to combine the NSB Komfort Class upgrade at 90NOK with a NSB free FIP coupon in second class?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Some years ago, I asked at the booking office (Aandalsnes) enroute up to Stavanger about this. I had a coupon, and had paid the reservation fee for a seat - they said ask on the train to pay for NSB Komfort. On the train, my seat was double booked due to a monstrous ___ up (many others too). I asked very politely to pay extra to upgrade to the half empty section - sternly told "Nei". Annoying as I've seen tons of NSB staff over here on coupons too, always looked after them, so didn't hesitate to tell them how **** (one of) their own staff was :P

reb0118

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Thanks for the heads up. We'll make sure we are on the platform early to stake our place on the train.

Now, just got the quote from Ffestiniog, inc. an upgrade to Komfort, for 3x FIP coupon holders and one public rate fare = £128.

Established Member
That's not bad, I'm assuming in the few years since I've used NSB for a long journey the rules on upgrades may have improved somewhat. I'm assuming the £128 is for Oslo-Bergen, that's good value for 3 upgrades plus a full 1st class single.

Have a good trip. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.