• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP on Heathrow Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

102 fan

Hi

Does Heathrow Express still not accept FIP's? Also, does the Heathrow connect accept them?

Last time I was in London, 10 years ago, HE didn't take them.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

driver9000

Established Member
Domestic ATOC Priv is valid on Heathrow Express. I paid around £4.50 when I used it a few months ago.

Yes, FIP will work on both HEx and Heathrow Connect. HEX joined the staff travel scheme about 10 years ago.

Yes, FIP will work on both HEx and Heathrow Connect. HEX joined the staff travel scheme about 10 years ago.

I'm not sure where you've heard this from. HEx staff don't get access to FIP (only ATOC) so I can't see why there would be an agreement to accept FIP.

Up until last year I worked in HEx ticket offices and am quite sure I remembered our Ticket Recognition Guide stating that we were not to accept FIP or PTAC (London Underground staff travel card). In fact I just managed to access the Guide on our Intranet and it definitely says no FIP / PTAC.

ATOC is acceptable for HEx provided you buy a ticket from a ticket office before boarding the train and gets you the usual 75% off the fare. Free boxes cannot be used.

Where it gets complicated is with Heathrow Connect. Whichever staff passes FGW accept are valid between Paddington and Hayes & Harlington (including free boxes on ATOC). Beyond Hayes the more restrictive HEx arrangements apply as above.

Hope this helps.

harz99

Interesting; I flew into LHR a few days ago and used Heathrow Connect to PAD on a dated box, without comment from the TE.

I have always thought that retired safeguarded staff free boxes can be used on HConnect throughout?

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Interesting; I flew into LHR a few days ago and used Heathrow Connect to PAD on a dated box, without comment from the TE.

I have always thought that retired safeguarded staff free boxes can be used on HConnect throughout?

Isn't Heathrow Connect, different to Heathrow Express though? It is HEX that is being debated here.

harz99

Maybe you should tell Paul of post 9 that then. All I'm doing is responding to his comment........................

And maybe reread the last bit of the OP which mentions HC................

I wasn't 100% sure whether they were or weren't, so I erred on the side of caution just in case they weren't accepted. I did refer to my old ticket training notes from about 3 years ago which specifically noted that boxes couldn't be used between Hayes & Harlington and the airport. That may have changed or perhaps the CSA on board was being a nice person :D

Would you be FGW staff per chance? There's an agreement that FGW staff can travel for free on Connect throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.